17 : 'Lies'

I'm actually very disappointed that I didn't get that many votes for my last chapter.
The moment the drama starts, you people stop voting!
Well, guess what, I like drama! I can't give you a lovey-dovey drama-less storied.
I put this up even though I didn't get votes, since this was already written.
But my story will be on hold till I get 300 votes for this one.
And for #Amyle-addicts who actually waited, here you are:-

Chapter 17

(Monday)

I could do it. I could survive this.

I ranted in my mind slowly before walking out the door. Hunter's car was parked outside as usual. I started walking towards when I suddenly remembered that I had left my phone behind.

"Wait!" I yelled towards the truck and ran inside to grab my phone. Picking it up from the table, I ran out again.

When I was near the truck, my nightmare came true. Hunter was sitting at his usual driver's seat. But the place which for the last three months was only occupied by me was now Amara's. She smiled towards me, "Hey, good morning"

"Good morning" I replied not before glancing at Hunter for a second. He was calm and unreadable. He did get back with her as I expected.

Amara shifted more to Hunter's side, to make place for me. I opened the door and let myself in. Sitting inside I prayed for some strength. I could do it.

"You forgot something?" Amara asked when Hunter started the engine.

"Sorry, I left my phone inside" I smiled guiltily.

She nodded, smiling, "Kyle told me you'd forget something"
This made me look at him once more, and our eyes locked for the second time. He gave me a short smile before looking ahead.

"Yeah" I looked back at Amara, "I always forget something or the other"

"No worries" Amara said while shifting more to Hunter's side. I watched as she went closer to him, held one of his hands within her and rested her head on his shoulder. It was painful to watch. I quickly looked the other side, trying not give away the hurt.

When we finally reached school, I quickly got down, "We have to submit our final projects today"

I looked Hunter's way. He nodded, "I know"

When he didn't say anything, I thought it would be best to leave them alone, "I'm going ahead then" I smiled at them and walked inside.

I never knew handing out our last project papers together would be this painful. It was like another thing was being taken away from me. Another reason Hunter and I could not be together anymore.