Chapter 19

Chapter 19

    I stayed over at Callista’s and so did Rose. I awoke in the morning not rested enough. I couldn’t go to sleep after that whole thing that had happened. It scared me that my own great-great-great-great-grandma tried to kill me last night or something. But also that I remembered that dream. My grandmother had been tortured by a warlock just because she loved someone else. A human. A mortal. Callista had been doing her best to try and comfort me. I felt a little better but knowing that I am witch, Christian’s a warlock, Rose is also a witch, Dmitri can see the future, and my best friend is a werewolf. I sighed I guess I would never have a normal life again. I think it happened when my parents died in the car accident. When I look back on it maybe I never did have a normal life. I was friends with Christian when I was a little girl and my parents were both witches. My friend is also a witch, and throughout my life I have been hanging out with a werewolf for a best friend.

 When I got home from Callista supernatural sleepover I found my grandma on the couch. She was reading the newspaper.

“Hey grandma,” I greeted her. “Where’s grandpa?” I asked.

“Hello dear, ah yes your grandfather went into town to visit and old friend that he has not heard from in a while. Jesse I want you to listen to me.” She said suddenly. “There are some strange things that have been going on around town. And you know your grandparents are going to get worried. I just don’t want you staying out so late until this matter is resolved. Until we know… that you are safe.” I raised eyebrow.
“What do you mean?” I asked. “What’s going on?”

“Sweetheart there has been some disturbances around town. There have been a few people missing. Such as that Claire Masterson’s sister. She has been missing for almost a week.” My grandmother clarified. My eyes widened I didn’t realize that she had been missing for some time. The rumors were that she left town or ran away. She was a druggy. It was different from her sister Claire Masterson. She was a goodie two shoes. She was always trying to be the president of almost every club. “Police are still trying to investigate the situation. Many think that it has something to do with Stacy Heart’s death as well. They think the person might be some sort of serial killer. But they aren’t quite sure.”

“I won’t stay out late I understand that there is something very scary going on in town. I promise.” I said. “Hey grandma, was your friend alright?”She looked up at me.

“Jesse I umm…found my friend dead in her house.” My heart stopped. My grandmother looked down sad. I walked over to comfort her. “The police are treating as a suicide. But I really think that something happened to her. My friend never had any thoughts of suicide. She was so happy and she was about to see her granddaughter get married. She was even moving to California with her husband.” She said tearfully. I hugged her.

“Grandma I am sorry but I am sure you were her best friend.”  I said. She nodded and kissed my forehead.

“Thank you, now why don’t you go put your things away.” She said. I nodded. I walked to my room. Clearance was chewing on a bone. When he saw me got up walked over to me. His tail wagging with joy to see me. “Hey boy…hey…” I began to rub his belly when my phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Jesse, its Christian, meet me at the library now.” He said. I was confused.

“Why?” I asked.

“I think I found something in the Adams things. Come quickly.” He said. Before I could respond the phone went dead. I scoffed and walked back downstairs.

“Grams, I am going to the library to meet Christian to do homework.” I said. She looked up.

“Ok just be home by eight.” She said. I nodded and was out the door and began to walk to the library. It took about seven minutes to get to the library and I walked inside and began to look for Christian. I found him at the table in the corner. But he wasn’t alone. There was that new girl. Jason’s sister. I glared at her from the distance. She was smiling and talking to him. She flipped that golden long hair behind her and sat on the desk. I felt the cold stab of jealousy. Wait jealousy? Me? Jesse Smith jealous of the girl Briana talking to Christian Richardson my childhood friend. Yes that’s what we were friends nothing more nothing less. I shouldn’t feel jealous I should feel fine. I wouldn’t say I liked her but I was not jealous. She wore pink blouse and a short black skirt. She was sitting cross legged. I felt my emotions rise for some reason the next thing I knew it had gotten darker outside. There were dark clouds and soon lighting flashed in the sky. The wind seemed to pick up outside. But that wasn’t all. Next thing I knew the table that they were sitting at seemed to catch on fire. Briana screamed and jumped off it. Christian finally made a glance at me realizing my presence. He had gotten out of his chair when the table had set fire. The first thing he did was run to me.