Chapter 24

Chapter 24

          Callista and I had gone back to my house and began talking for the rest of the day. I told her that I was no longer being haunted by my ancestor the witch. And also I told her how I nearly almost died but she allowed herself enough power to save me in return. I then proceeded to tell her about the mysterious person in the woods that had held Rose captive.

“Who do you think it is?” She had asked. I gave her my honest answer.

“I am not sure. But when that person had hurt Christian I was so mad that I lost control of myself and I was really about to burn that person. I had never felt so out of control like that before.” She nodded.

“You were just scared and you were trying to protect him. It was your protecting instincts that came in not the fact that you had lost control.” She said. I nodded. But inside I think I was trying to be protective. But it seemed when I had unleashed my power, it seemed to have almost taken control for me because I had never learned how to do such. And I was worried that I wouldn’t control it one day and I could end up hurting someone I loved or cared about. It made me wish more to be human. But I knew I was born into this and there was no way that I would ever be human or normal again. At least not at this rate. It was a little later that my grandfather came downstairs and read the newspaper. My grandmother went to the grocery store. Probably for thanksgiving which was next Thursday. It was a little later that Rose had also come over. She looked at little better after being attack and kidnapped and left in the basement by some serial killer or something. Callista and I were always helping her. Even when she wanted to do something herself and complained that she was fine and everyone was being unreasonable. But Callista and I continued. Right when it was almost time for Briana’s so called party Callista forced me to wear a skirt despite the fact that it was snowing. But she did give me some black leggings. I wore a Japanese red blouse and a jean jacket. Callista wore a nice pair of dark ripped skinning jeans and a teal like shirt. Rose had worn a dress despite the freezing temperatures. It was a green dress that went down to her knees. It was still causal looking dress. We got to the party and Rose was the first one to go over to the couch because she felt tired and weak. She was still slightly bruised when she was kidnapped. Callista looked around nervously. I touched her shoulder to try and comfort her. But she jumped when I did so.

“Relax,” I said. “Everything will be fine.” She took a deep breath and tried to calm her nerves. Together we walked into kitchen where Briana’s little brother Jason Sheppard was talking to Tyler. I felt Callista stiffened beside me. I patted her on the back. “Go on, he isn’t going to bite. He should be the one to be afraid that you might bite.” I joked to try and lighten the mood. But Callista just gave me a look. And I fell silent. I coughed. “Sorry,” Tyler seemed to have seen her and walked up to her.

“Hey Cal,” He said. She smiled shyly at him. He walked up to her and pecked her on the cheek. I smiled and gave a thumbs up in encouragement. But she had a look across her face that showed she was worried and slightly scared as well. I just nodded and squeezed her hand to reassure her, before she walked away with him. I turned back to find Jason smiling at me.

“Hi,” He said.

“Hi, long time no see.” I said. He nodded.

“You look really pretty,” He complimented. I smiled.

“Thanks, I wasn’t going to but Callista made me.” I chuckled. I noticed that Claire Masterson was looking at us. She seemed to be more starring Jason than at me. I chuckled again. “Looks like someone’s checking you out.” He turned around to see Claire. When Claire realized that he was looking at her she blushed and turned away.

“Yeah I don’t know she seems nice. I don’t know her that well I guess.”I was surprised. I would have thought they had been in almost a lot of the same classes. They were both sophomores. We began to walk and talk together. I was still wondering when I would see Christian. I really was curious and nervous to admit my feelings and see his reaction. We stopped in the hall where we were mostly alone. There weren’t many people in the hallway. I had noticed Jason stiffen at my side.