Chapter 25

Chapter 25

          I walked through the crowd of people with Dmitri. I found Rose.

“Rose, where is Callista?” I asked. She shook her head.

“I don’t know I have just been here the remainder of the time. I thought she was with you because you left with her.” She said. It hit me than that she was still with Tyler. And the full moon was out.

“Shit,” I said. Dmitri and Rose looked at me. “You guys call Christian and ask him for help. I am going to try and track down Callista.” They nodded. I turned to leave until suddenly Dmitri cried out. I turned to find him bent over with his hands on his head. He gritted his teeth in pain. I looked at Rose. “What’s happening?” I asked. Rose looked at me.

“He’s having a vision.” She said. After about a minute he gasped and panted.

“I saw Callista. She is with Tyler and they are in the woods. But if we don’t get there soon she will transform. And Tyler is with her so she could lose control and hurt him. Also I am still not sure if she has told him the truth.” He said. I nodded and turned and headed outside grabbing my winter jacket in the process. I put my gloves on. And began to walk to the woods. The scene reminded me of the night that Stacy Heart had died. Déjà v’ou. I thought. I ran to the woods. I looked around trying to find them.

“Callista! Tyler!” I yelled. I looked around and jumped over a log. As I wandered the woods I suddenly tripped. I put my hands out in front of me to stop myself from falling. I caught myself before I could fall on my face. That’s when I heard voices.

“Callista what’s wrong? Why are you walking away from me?” It was Tyler’s voice.

“I should have told you before…now there isn’t enough time…” I heard Callista’s voice. It sounded sad and scared like a little girl. I looked around trying to decide which way the voices had come from.

“Tell me what?” He said. I heard movement. “Callista! Would you please stop and talk to me.”

“Tyler look there are things about me that you don’t know. I just want you to know that I do love you. But there isn’t much time.” She said.

“Then tell me. Tell me the truth.”

“Tyler if I tell you, you might not love me anymore.” She said. I could hear the crack in her voice. It sounded like she was crying.

“Callista nothing could make me change the way that I feel about you. I love you.” He said.

“And I love you too.”

“Then tell me the truth. I won’t judge you and I won’t change my mind. I promise.” He said.

“Look Tyler the truth is-. She never finished her sentenced because it was replaced with a scream. My eyes widened and I made a run for it to where they were. I saw Callista shaking holding her arm to her chest. Tyler was standing next to her and was trying to help her. “No.” She struggled to maintain control. “Tyler I need you to run.” She said fighting to speak.

“Callista what’s going on? Are you hurt?” He asked bending down. She screamed again in pain and this time dropped to the ground. She was trying so hard to fight for control. I was already on my way over to where they stood when I heard an animalistic growl. I turned to see Callista’s eyes glowing. Tyler gasped. But before her wolf could lose control and snap at him I used my power to hurl him back before she could bite him. He landed with a grunt his back hitting against a tree. He looked up his eyes were wide when he saw Callista’s body breaking and reshaping its form to wolf. He turned his eyes on me.