Introducing the Characters: Coming Soon!

Jessalyn "Jesse" Smith: Is the protagonist of the Witches of Salem series. She is around 16 years old, however during the story she does turn 17 years old. Jessalyn is of European decent and her family unknown to her is part of the First Families to reside in Salem, Massachusetts. She is the daughter of Logan Smith and Margret Smith.  

In book 1, Jesse is dealing with the aftermath of her parents death. She has a hard time coming to terms with what happened and accepting the new reality of her life now. Throughout the book, Jesse fights an internal battle dealing with depression, self-blame, P.T.S.D and even health problems. She often implies that before the accident she was more outgoing, popular and just more lively. Now she tends to confide mostly to her bedroom and shuts everyone out. 

Upon her return to school, things aren't much different as she becomes the social outcast of the school. And those who were once her friends have shown their true colors, specifically her ex-good friend Rebecca Wilcox. During this time she would come to cross paths with her childhood friend and neighbor Christian Richardson again. However as the two reconnect, strange things start to occur once again like the night of her parents death. 

When she confronts him about these strange events, he simply brushes it off as if it is nothing. But she is tired of people thinking that she is crazy, so she decides to search for the answers herself. She becomes determined to find out what Christian is hiding? But also is a bit hesitant to find out the truth, as she is afraid at what it would mean to open that door.

Christian Richardson: Is a character in the Witches of Salem Series. He is an old childhood friend and neighbor of Jesse's.  He is of European decent, and his family is part of the First Families to reside in Salem, Massachusetts. His father is named John Richardson and his mother Emilia Eborne.

Christian is kind, but a bit more reserved and sometimes still shy as he was when he was a kid; something that Jesse implies. Christian and Jesse's friendship re-develops and becomes a bit more a kindred hearts kind of relationship as it continues to develop. 

There paths cross during their junior year of high school when Jesse returns to school after nearly a month since the accident that claimed her parents lives. Due to Jesse's absence, Christian is given the task of tutoring Jesse who is already behind and as a result her grades have been affected. 

When Jesse puts herself in a dangerous situation by attempting to drown herself, Christian intervenes and saves her from herself. Only to put his secret on the line in the process. Will Christian be able to conceal his secret for long? And what is he hiding.

Calista Lupei: Is a character in the Witches of Salem series. Ages between 16-17 years old.  According to Jesse, she is of Italian, British and Polish descent. Her father is Italian and her mother is of British/Polish descent, thus giving her, her honey gold blonde hair. Her father's name is Giulino "Julian" Lupei and her mother's name is Liana Chevalier.  She also has a twin brother named Demetrius Lupei, they are fraternal twins. A rather distinct difference between the two of them, that Jesse points out in the book is that Calista has silvery blue eyes and Demetri has brown which can also be seen as quite strange. 

It is implied that she was Jesse's best friend in the past, but due to a fight between them over the summer. They had stopped speaking to one another, until after Jesse's parents death. Out of all Jesse's friends; Calista is the only one to remain her true friend despite everything that happened. 

Calista works to mend her friendship with Jesse's back together again. Jesse implies that Calista is headstrong, charismatic, and ballsy. She often admires and is jealous of her for being self-confident, wishing that she herself could be like that. Calista is the type of person that always has your back and will not tolerate someone she cares about being treated badly. She is very protective of her brother, but also the people she cares about. One could also describe her as being loyal.