Chapter 16: The Misunderstanding

Peeta P.O.V.

I am really nervous. I'm walking through the school. I'm waiting for Katniss.

There she is! She's walking through the front door. Go talk to her!

She starts walking towards me, but when she nears me, she just walks past me, without looking at me.

Is she kidding me? She can't be serious!

'Katniss', I say and I turn around. She stops walking and looks at me.
'Peeta', she says without any emotion.
'What's this?' I ask. She looks at her feet.
'Peeta... It's just...', she starts. I step closer to her.

I really want to kiss her.

'Finnick', she finishes when she looks up again. I frown at her. She runs past me. I turn around again and see that she hugs him.

Why does he get a hug, and I don't? And why get I so jealous?

I sigh. Katniss turns to me.
'Just... Leave me alone, for a bit', she says, and she walks away, with Finnick.

What? Leave her alone? How can she expect me to do that?

I'm so in thought that I don't notice Annie waving her hand in front of my eyes.

'Peeta!' she yells. I shake my head and look at her. She laughs.
'What's wrong?' she asks. 'Katniss... We had a little... Discussion', I say. She frowns at me.
'What do you mean?' I sigh.

'She wants me to leave her alone', I say. Annie really looks at me as if she really doesn't understand the situation.
'That can't be true, she's crazy about you, she really loves you', she says. I start to smile automatically.
'How do you know?' I ask. She smiles.

'I see the way she looks at you. I know it, because I look the same way to Finnick', she says. I smile.
'But she really wants me to leave her alone', I say. My smile is gone now.
Annie shakes her head.
'I don't think she really wants that. I know Katniss, I think she's just scared', she says. I frown.

'Scared?' Annie nods. 'Prim is the only one she has loved for a long time, she's scared of loving', she says. I nod. Annie steps closer and leans in to whisper something in my ear.
'Do something nice for her. Surprise her. I think she'll like that', she says. She winks at me and walks away. I smile.

'Thanks', I mumble. The bell rings. I walk to the classroom and see Katniss sitting in between Finnick and Gale.

I'm just gonna leave her alone until the surprise.

After school, I went straight to the beachhouse. I'm gonna surprise Katniss.

I put little candles everywhere. And I make a nice cake for her. And I'm gonna place a blanket on the beach, with littlw bites and also some candles.

Or would this be too much? No, I think she'll like this.

I take my phone.

"DEAR KATNISS. I KNOW YOU WANTED ME TO LEAVE YOU ALONE, BUT I REALLY HAVE TO TALK TO YOU. CAN YOU COME TO MY STREET? I'LL PICK YOU UP.
PLEASE, I MISS YOU
X PEETA"

And send. I hope that she'll answer...

Katniss P.O.V.

I lay on my bed and look at the ceiling.

Why does Peeta keeps slipping into my head? I don't want to think about him. He doesn't want me to be with him, he said it himself!

But then my phone beeps. A text! I jump up. I run to my phone and look at the screen.

"DEAR KATNISS. I KNOW YOU WANTED ME TO LEAVE YOU ALONE, BUT I REALLY HAVE TO TALK TO YOU. CAN YOU COME TO MY STREET? I'LL PICK YOU UP.
PLEASE, I MISS YOU
X PEETA"

'Omg! He wants to see me!' I yell. Prim comes running into the room.
'What's wrong?' she asks. I look at her and smile.
'I have to go, Primmy. Peeta needs me', I say. I give her a kiss on her forehead and leave.

He really wants to see me! He said he missed me!

My smile gets bigger everytime I think about the message.

I hurry to Peeta's street.

Why did he want me to stay in his street? Why would he pick me up? I can go to his house right?

And then I hear a voice. A voice that makes my stomach feel light and my knees feel weak.

'Katniss?' the voice says. I turn around and look into those absolute gorgeous eyes. I smile.
'Peeta', I say. He smiles light.

'Come with me?' he asks as he takes my hand. I nod, but I frown when I see that he starts walking in the wrong direction.
'Peeta?' I ask. I can see him smile.
'Just wait', he says.

We walk further and at some point I can see a house. And behind the house I can see the ocean.

We stand for the front door of the house.
'Peeta? What's this?' I ask. He just keeps smiling. He opens the door and then suddenly he covers my eyes.

'What are you doing?' I ask. I'm a little scared now.
'You're not gonna do anything dangerous, are you?' I ask. I hear him chuckle. 'Just trust me', he says. I smile when I hear his low, quiet and male voice.

We walk further into the house (I think) and then we stand still.
It stays quiet for a minute and I don't feel Peetas strong hands around my waist anymore.
'Peeta?' I ask. I hear a ssshhh-sound. And then the cover is moved from my eyes.

My jaw drops as I see the ocean.
'Peeta...', I say, so quiet that it's almost not audible.

********
Ahww Everlarks first date! How do you guys it'll went? Let me know!
Love, -xxx-