Chapter 31: Love

Katniss P.O.V.

It feels so good to be home again. Or well, at Peetas home. I obviously didn't go to my mom. She absolutely can't know I'm here. That provides a little stress anxiety, but Peeta will protect me. I trust him.

Peeta is walking down the stairs. He insisted to bringing my bags upstairs. I don't know if he brought them to his room, or to one of the others.

He stands in front of me, smiling.
'Everything alright?' he asks. I come into reality and nod. He chuckles, wich makes me blush. He walks up to me and wraps his arms around my waist.
'I'm so glad you're back, I missed you', he says. I smile. 'I missed you too', I say.

Come on, say more!

'I love you, Peeta. I really missed you and I had a hard time being without you for so long', I say.

See? You can do it.

He smiles. 'Really?' he says. I nod. He leans in to whisper something in my ear.
'I love you too, more than you'll ever know', he says. My cheeks heat up even more. I look at him again.

Those eyes... They do something with me.

He pulls me closer.

Are we? I think we are...

He comes at me and slowly presses his lips onto mine. They feel so good.
I feel his hands on my back.

We pull apart and smile.
'Hungry?' he asks. I nod. He lets me go and walks over to the stove. My body feels cold immediately.
'I'm gonna take a shower', I say. Peeta makes a sound that I think is meant to mean 'okay' and I start to walk upstairs.

I undress myself and hop into the shower. I let the water warm up my body.
I wash my hair and body and turn off the shower.
I get out and dry myself. I pull on some sweatpants and shirt and lay down on my bed.

I feel my eyes getting heavier. I close my eyes and let the sleep catch me.

Peeta P.O.V.

I'm cooking and think about Katniss. I'm making cheese buns, her favourite. I place them in the oven and lean against the cabins.
Should I go to her? Maybe she wants to talk. I look at the cheese buns. They can stay there for a while.

I walk upstairs and go into the bedroom.
'Hey Katniss, I thought we could...', I start, but then I see it. She's asleep. I smile and walk further into the room. I sit down at the end of the bed and look at her.

She looks peaceful when she's asleep. So... Nice, soft, warm, beautiful. I love looking at her.

I stay there for a while, but then I hear the phone ringing. I walk through the hallway to pick it up.

'Hello?'
'Hey, man. It's Finnick', I hear.
'Yo', I say.
'How's Katniss', he says. I think about her, sleeping. I smile.
'Good, I think. She's asleep', I say.
'Okay, that's good. She's had some tough weeks. Take care of my kitty', he says. I chuckle.
'I will. Thanks Finnick', I say and hang up.

I walk back to the bedroom, where Katniss is waking up.
'Hey', she says, with a sleepy voice.
'Hi, beautiful', I say softly. She smiles. 'What's that smell?' she asks. I sniff.

'Oh no!' I scream and I run downstairs. I open the oven and all I see are black bumps.
'No...', I say to myself.

'I thought you were the one who could cook', I hear behind me. I turn around and see Katniss standing in front of me, smirking. I can't keep myself from smiling. She giggles and comes towards me. She wraps her arms around my neck and kisses my cheek.

'I'm sorry', I say, smiling. She smiles too. 'I forgive you', she says. I chuckle. 'Wanna go out? Eat something in the city?' I ask. She looks at the oven and nods. 'I think we have to', she says. I smile and kiss her again.

I grab her hand and walk towards the door.
'Wait!' she yells. I look at her, confused.
'I just woke up, I can't go out with you like this', she says. I chuckle.
She lets go of my hand and runs upstairs.

Katniss P.O.V.

I quickly run to my closet. I open it and try to find something nice. I throw some clothes to the room, rejecting everything.
'Come on!' I yell to myself.

Then I finally find something. A black dress. I quickly put it on and brush my hair. Then I hurry downstairs, where Peeta is waiting for me.

'Ready', I say. He smiles. 'You look great', he says. I giggle and blush.

******
Ahww, feel the love?
What did you think of this chapter? Let me know!
Love, -xxx-