▸ NOAH'S APARTMENT

NOAH'S APARTMENT

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

NOAH'S APARTMENT

Saturday the 14th of October

Music blares from the speaker as I chomp on chocolate. The door opens and Dad peers inside with a frown. He takes a seat and hands me a beer. I take a swig and cough as the bitter taste lingers in my mouth.

"Do you want to talk about something? You seem down."

I lower the volume and snuggle into my cat cushion.

"We could have gone anywhere, so why'd you pick this small town in the middle of nowhere?"

"When your grandmother passed away, I wanted to move back home. I'm sorry this place is an ice box but it was once my home."

"I respect that but couldn't we have gone closer to the coast?"

"Is there's something wrong? Do I need to pay Percy a visit?"

"There's something I need to tell you, but it doesn't involve shooting Percy or locking him up."

"Oh." He frowns.

"I broke things off and it didn't end well."

"Should I grab alcohol? All I have is gin."

"I don't need that, but thank you."

I rest my head on his shoulder and sigh.

"What happened? I thought you two were really into each other."

"Things were great but I realised there was no sparks or excitement. He was pretty upset by the breakup, so we're not talking and now a few other people aren't talking to me either."

"Now you know who your friends are."

"That's true." I nod. "Samantha and Annika have been supportive. Jewels, Percy's ex, threw soda on me. So the girls want to egg her house."

"If you decide to, let me know the address and I'll be sure to drive slowly if I get called out."

"Thanks, Dad." I smile.

"Anything for you."

My stomach knots and my heart races; I hate lying.

"Can I spent the night at Samantha's house? I need some TLC with the girls."

"Do you need a lift? If we leave now, I shouldn't be late to work."

"No, she offered to pick me up."

"Call if you need me."

"Always." I nod.

"I'll see you tomorrow then."