▸WORRIES

WORRIES

WORRIES

Tuesday, the 16th of May

Percy tosses the football across the table and loudly laughs. His friend throws it back and it clips the edge of the table and bounces onto the floor. I shoot them a glare and shake my head.

"Can't you do that somewhere else? We're trying to study."

He leans across and smiles, his breath tickling my lips.

"But this is so much more fun."

"I know you don't care about exams, but I do."

"We have plenty of time to study, so calm down."

"Don't beg me for help because I'll remember this moment."

"Come on, Charlie, you worry too much." He sighs.

Percy takes the ball from the ground and tosses it back. He throws it back and the pair continue their game of catch until someone storms across the room and tosses the ball down an aisle.

"What? That wasn't very nice." Percy frowns.

"I would have stabbed the stupid thing." I chuckle.

"Do you have your period or something?"

"Percy!"

He shrugs his shoulders and I roll my eyes. I know I'm wound tight because I'm stressing about scoring well on these exams. Now that college is my future, I can't afford bad scores. I also miss Noah. Dad wants to meet Noah but it's another stress I can't handle right now.

Something crashes and I shake my head. Percy races over to the book shelf and quickly tries to put the books back but the librarian appears with a scowl.

"This is your only warning; behave."

Once she turns around, the pair roll their eyes and sit down. The ball is put away and Percy's forced to stare at his mathematics book.

"Charlie?"

"Leave me alone."

"Please don't be like that."

Something hits the side of my head and tumbles onto the desk. I take the pen and toss it back. He dips to the side and it collides with the bookshelf. Percy groans but I ignore it.

He yanks on the chair and throws me over his shoulder. I thrash against his tight grip but he smacks my butt and chuckles.

"Oh my goodness, you're so annoying!" I grumble.

"Uh oh."

"Don't say that." I grit my teeth.

I peer up and the librarian shakes her head.