▸ YES

YES

YES

August 2019

Grey clouds loom above as Noah and I trek across beautiful bushland. We reach the top of a small mountain which overlooks more native trees and shrubs. Lakes and oceans are beautiful but have you ever been surrounded by the tranquility of trees?

The wind rustles the leaves and birds chirp in the distance. I come to a stop to take in the view of our surroundings and inhale a deep breath of the fresh air. Noah wraps his arms around my waist and rests his chin on my shoulder.

"Thank you for bringing me here, it's breathtaking."

"I told you the photos didn't do it justice."

"No, they certainly didn't." He sighs.

"I can't believe it's going to rain soon."

Noah squeezes my middle and chuckles.

"Since when are you afraid of a little bit of water?" He laughs.

"I'm afraid it'll ruin the remainder of our last afternoon together. I had this cute picnic spot in mind and now it's going to rain." I glare at the sky.

Noah kisses my cheek and nuzzles his face into the crook of my neck.

"As long as we're together, our afternoon isn't ruined."

He's right but I'm not ready to turn back and face the world.

A raindrop splatters on my forehead and I roll my eyes.

"We should head back," he comments.

The rain comes down quicker and soon enough, we're running hand in hand through the downpour. Despite the obstacle ahead, Noah's hand remains in mine. When we reach the car, our clothes are soaked and my hair sticks to my face.

Noah leans across the console and brushes my hair back. His green eyes glimmer with so much love and adoration.

"I love you, Charlie."

I cup his cheek and Noah nuzzles his face into my palm. Sadness settles into my heart as after today, it's going to be months until I can hold him like this.

"I love you with all of my heart."

His cold fingers grip my cheeks and pull our lips together for a sweet kiss.

"Don't be sad, especially not on our last day."

"C'mon, let's go home." I sigh.

Noah buckles his seatbelt and places his hand on my thigh. Tingles spread across my thigh and it's very distracting on the drive home.

When we arrive at the apartment, Noah pulls me to the master bathroom and we peel our wet clothes off and chuck them aside. I turn the water on and wait for it to warm up.