Chapter 8

My dad took a deep breath going to open the door while my mom pulled me towards her as if she hoped her arms could save me from the horrifying future that awaited me on the other side of the door.

I peaked over my mom wanting to see if maybe I had been mistaken last time perhaps the monsters face was as hideous as he himself truly was. I frowned in confusion as I saw three large serious looking men standing at the door staring right at me.

"Ma'am Mr.Knight was unable to come. we have come to receive you in his stead. He sends his sincerest apologies." The tallest of the men said.

I let out the breath I had been subconsciously holding completely relieved I would not have to be in a car ride alone with the vile creature I was to live with from now on. But most of all it would have killed me if I let him see the tears of my family and I, the effect he had on us, for all I knew it would please him greatly to see our tears and heartache.

I silently grabbed a bag throwing a small sad smile at my parents. The men rushed to grab my bags somehow managing to be out the door before I had the chance to step out. I whispered a soft goodbye to both my parents as I made my way to the awaiting car. I felt the eyes of my neighbours watching me as I walked trying to contain my tears.

The men were ahead of me and grabbed the one bag from my hand and held the door as I slipped into the car but not before taking one last look at my home. The place I would forever miss.

I heard the trunk close signalling the men were done storing my luggage and they got in, sitting in the two front rows of the cars. Despite my attempts to not cry I felt one traitorous tear slip as the car began to roll forward.

I hugged my knees to my chest curling myself into a ball in the back of the vehicle letting the tears roam freely down my face.

Much too soon we had arrived at the palace and I heard the door next to me open softly, the guards asking me to step out. I took a deep breath attempting to calm my racing heart and swallow the lump in my throat.

I got out of the car to see the guards were carrying all my bags as they led me to the doors of the castle I trailed behind them my head down like the prisoner I rightfully was.

Upon entering the castle I was met by the awaiting help looking eager to see the new addition to the palace. A maid smiled kindly at me reminding me so of my grandmother as she gestured a butler towards me.

The man walked towards me bowing before me before asking me to follow him as he made his way up the stairs.

"Miss I am sure you have had an exhausting move and the sire does apologize for not being here to help you through it. But would you be interested in a tour of the palace before you rest?" The butler asked and I simple shook my head.

"Very well Miss if you would just follow me then your room is on the top floor close to Mr.Knight." The butler said turning around and leading me further into the maze of a house.

I walked quietly behind him feeling horrible for how rude I was being but I simple wasn't up for conversation, not today.

He led me to my room choosing to stay quiet due to my lack of response to his first few attempts at conversation. The room he led me into was beautiful and much too grand for me to live in alone. The room was as large as one entire floor of an average sized house. The walls were painted a beautiful warm shade of mocha and contrasted softly with the very light cream coloured silk sheets on the bed.

This room had been designed to look inviting and warm but to me this was nothing better then a four by four dingy dungeon.

He bowed gently before walking out of the room the gesture looking completely normal in the midst of the grandeur of the room.

I was left all alone in the bedroom I closed the door going to sit on one of the cream colored couches near the fireplace exhausted from today's events. I closed my eyes hoping to get a few moments of rest before I had to come to terms with today and start the tedious task of unpacking.

I had just fallen asleep when a knock on the door awoke me from my nap. I kept my head down hoping the person would leave. The door was opened wide and a person walked in.

"Welcome home love."