Chapter 31

"Thank you." I mumbled to the guard who stood behind me holding my suitcase. He bowed his head wishing me a good day as he handed my suitcase over to me walking away leaving me before my room. I let out a soft sigh opening the doors to the room that had become my own in these past few months. I rolled my suitcase in, collapsing on the large bed, drumming my fingers on my sweater clad stomach.

Alaricus wasn't home yet, a very drowsy Victoria had come to see me at the door, barefoot, her pregnant belly showing through the beautiful soft looking green dress she wore. She'd greeted me with a soft hug, which turned to a sleepy smirk as I asked about Alaricus. Her arched eyebrows waggling as she told me he was going to be back early tomorrow morning.
"Eager to see him?" She asked a malicious smirk covering her beautiful face making my cheeks turn slightly red as I mumbled a no, asking her how Adrian and Frank were.
"I've got Adrian hooked onto my nap schedule so he's currently sleeping and I think while training Adrian I accidentally trained my husband too. He's currently hugging my jar of peanut butter sleeping." She said a slightly disgruntled look on her face as I let out a small chuckle at her.
"I need to get back to sleep because this baby doesn't like momma being awake during nap time. You're welcome to join us for dinner though, you know since your regular dining partner isn't here." She says that soft smirk still on her face as she walked away proudly leaving me blushing with the guards who stood stoically behind me.

I let out a huff turning over in my bed, not understanding my own irritated mood. Alaricus was supposed to be back by midnight or tomorrow morning but couldn't he just somehow show up early. Idiotic werewolf. I mumbled to myself as I started to unpack unable to think of another way to waste time until dinner.

Begrudgingly I hung all my clothes up, before grabbing a light blue sweater and black jeans to wear to dinner and going to take a shower. I rubbed my shampoo into my hair even the hot water and sweet smell of my strawberry and cinnamon shampoo unable to help soothe my irritated nerves. Stepping out I towel dried my hair slipping on my clothes before blow drying my hair quickly to rid it of the damp cold feel. Still mumbling to myself I walked out of the washroom sniffling as I sulkily hung my towel over the rack. Stomping over to my door as I threw it open, my eyes widening drastically my pout completely dropping as I caught sight of honey eyes framed with thick black lashes on the other side of the hall. The honey in his eyes brightened drastically as he caught sight of me. A smile curving up his plump red lips his eyes near sparkling as they raked over my sweater clad form, a sweet longing clear on his face as he stared at me.

He was dressed immaculately as always, a fitted black coat over black pants that hugged his thick muscled legs. His white shirt stretched tightly over the wide expanse of his chest. The white and black contrasting so well with his smooth tan skin. He dropped his luggage as he made his way over to me, wrapping his arms around me before I could blink pulling me into his chest.
"I missed you so much angel." He mumbled softly into my hair, inhaling my scent deeply. His arms tightened around my waist as if I wasn't nearly close enough. The heat of his large form pressed into my skin warming me up after my shower making a small smile come over my face as I snuggled into him, wrapping my own arms around him. His intoxicating scent filling my senses making it hard to think straight. My eyes closed on their own accord as I rested on his chest, unwilling to ever move.
"You came back." I hear him mumble so softly that I don't think it was meant me for to here, but it still makes my heart clench. He didn't think I was going to come back, his week must have been dreadful, all the worrying, the doubting.

My cheek rubbed against the soft taut skin that was exposed atop his dress shirt. My feet slightly lifted as he held me so close. I pulled away slightly to look up at his face, he smiled down at me softly a dimple popping out on his soft cheek as he leaned down pressing a kiss to my cheek.
"Hi." I mumbled to him unable to contain my smile and he let out a breathy chuckle.
"Hello love." He answered rubbing his nose against mine, making a soft giggle escape me as I beamed at him.
"How was your stay?" He asked me softly, one of his hands coming to cup my cheek softly tilting my head up so that he could see my face clearly.
"It was great, I loved seeing my parents again, and I brought you some of my dads famous chocolate brownies." I told him softly and he gazed down at me in adoration as I spoke his gaze so fixated, he seemed to hang off of every word making my heart beat faster. But his gaze was home, he was slowly becoming my home.
"Was your trip successful?" I asked softly frowning as he shook his head at me softly.