Chapter 34

A small smile curved up my lips as I watched Alaricus. His brows furrowed, honey eyes crinkling in concentration, his tongue poking out the side of his mouth as he focused on his roses. Cutting off the thorns carefully. His diligence was admirable, when he focused it seemed the things around him all disappeared, but occasionally he would look up at me throwing me a small smile.

"This would be much quicker if you'd just let me help." I said.
"Love you tried before, you know how that ended and trust me angel I have no problem with delivering a similar consequence once more." He said a slight smirk quirking up his plump red lips. My cheeks heated immediately and I ducked my face hoping he wouldn't see how embarrassingly red my cheeks had gotten.
Apparently attempting to help with his roses wasn't one of my best ideas.

I'd stood right behind him, bored of being stuck inside all day. Chattering into his ear about letting me attend to the rose shrubs, but I hadn't reached for them, as of yet. When I did was when he'd exploded. As soon as my hand had come with a few inches to the roses he'd stiffened dropping the garden snip in his hand and whirling around to face me leaving me stunned. I froze looking up at him, as he tightly grabbed ahold of my waist yanking me up and onto him so that I had no choice but to wrap myself around him unless I wanted to be dragged back. He held me tightly to him, my legs wrapped around his waist, arms around his neck as I clung to him, which he didn't seem to mind. He set me down on the table that sat behind us, refusing to allow me to squirm away instead planting himself right between my legs and holding my waist tightly so that I couldn't move even an inch away. I could feel his stare burning into my face but I refused to look up at him, his honey gold eyes were far too intense for me to handle. But he wasn't having my shying away. I squirmed in his hold hoping he'd let me go but his arm wrapped around my waist as he tugged me firmly into his chest using his other hand to tip my chin up to face him.

"You just can't stay away from danger can you?" He asked his voice huskier then normal. I gulped staring up into his eyes that were glinting much more gold then they'd been when I'd first found him outside, I should've just sat down.
"I was bored and it wasn't dangerous." I say opening my mouth to speak again but he interrupts before I can.
"It wasn't dangerous." He restated through clenched teeth, a humourless chuckle escaping him.
"But you were bored weren't you baby?" He asks and I nod, slightly wide eyed.
"I'm just gonna have to entertain you then aren't I?" He asked his voice having dropped a bit more his hold tightening on my waist.

He leaned in capturing my mouth with his before I had time to protest, his arm tight around me, hand wrapping in my unruly waves that ran down my back as he tried to pull me further into him. My eyes widened before falling close altogether as the sweet warmth of his mouth soaked into mine. I slowly sunk into him, my rigid body melting into the hard planes of his firm body until we were moulded together. Alaricus moved his lips feverishly against mine as if trying to eternally join us together. The little breath I had in me left as he bit into my lower lip tugging it, before nibbling on it softly, soothing it with his tongue immediately after making me sigh. The parting in my lips allowing him to thrust his tongue into my mouth, tasting every crevice of my mouth. I wrapped my arms tightly around his shoulders, one hands playing with the tendrils at his nape. I tugged them gently eliciting a low husky groan from him. I froze momentarily at the sound, my hand trailing away but the growl that ripped out of his chest, letting me know he didn't like me stopping my movements and I allowed my hand to trail back to his silky strands. He kissed me as if he would never get to kiss me again. With a fervour so apparent, a passion that burned within him and heated my own skin, a desire so desperate, as if it had only just gotten the chance to bubble to the surface. It seemed oxygen became a secondary necessity we each other's first. I licked over his plump lips gently and he pressed himself further into me, his hands clenching. I pressed against his chest but he seemed unwilling to let go. His lips ghosting upon mine for a moment longer before allowing me to catch my breath as he trailed kisses down my skin.