Chapter 9

He walked in a small smile playing on his face, but it dropped immediately as he noticed my tear stained cheeks and obvious delicate state. A frown marring his handsome features as he made his way towards me. He leant down by my bedside staring at me worriedly. I looked up at him hoping he would see the clear hatred I had for him in my eyes.

"What's wrong love?" He asked his tone soft almost a coo, as if he thought I was too fragile for normal conversation. I chose not to answer him, there would be no point, he would never let me go. I would have to suffer in this place stuck with him forever, away from everyone I have ever loved even away from my parents. The memory of my parents, the tears trailing down their faces had a hot rage burning within me and as always when I was frustrated I felt my eyes start burning up with hot tears. I shut my eyes trying to will the tears away, but it was too late he had seen.

"Baby please tell me what's wrong." He pleaded desperation clear in his voice.

My eyes shot open when his hands came up to gently grip my face in his rough calloused grip. I pulled back from his touch, sending him a harsh glare.

"Don't touch me." I said almost shaking in disgust, he recoiled back clearly shocked by my behaviour.

"I don't understand, why are you so upset?"He asked confusion clear in his eyes

"I don't want to be here, you've forced me to come here away from my parents, my friends, completely destroying every dream I've ever had, anything I've ever hoped to be." I said almost surprised at myself, this wasn't what I was supposed to do I wasn't supposed to make him mad. He was the most powerful man to exist he could eradicate the very existence of anyone I've ever cared about without lifting a finger and i had just yelled at him. I was never one to be ruled by their emotions, I was calm, what was wrong with me?

I looked up at him hesitantly scared, I didn't want to see the rage in his eyes. I didn't want to hear the words he would say, or even perhaps feel the pain he would inflict on me, but him hurting me was the least of my worries. He could do anything to me but I knew I would break if he hurt anyone I cared about.

But what I saw shocked me completely he was leaning back onto his knees looking down, but I was able to see the devastating hurt clear on his face. He looked up at me realizing I was looking at him, and I saw the pain in them before he closed his eyes briefly and when he opened them there was nothing there. They were blank, as if I had imagined the unimaginable pain within them.

"I can't let you go. I need you, but I promise I will do anything to make you happy, anything at all." He said to me sincerely and I looked at him afraid to say anything, not wanting to see that hurt again, afraid this time perhaps he would act on it.

"You must be hungry love, join me for dinner." He asked his eyes searching my face to gauge my reaction.

"I'm not hungry." I said looking away from him.

"Fine I will ask for the maids to bring the food to us. Amara your health is very important, please don't starve yourself because of me." He said, before getting up and walking to the door.

He came back a little while after followed by a maid who steered in a cart piled with food on top of it into the room, keeping her eyes on the floor as she walked.

"Cynthia you can leave the tray here, thank you for your help." He said and the maid nodded at him before walking out closing the door behind her. Part of me wanted to tell for her to leave it open, so incase his patience wore out I had an easy escape, but I stayed quiet.

He held out a plate to me, filled with saucy tomato pasta, covered with shredded cheese, and I grabbed it from him, my stomach grumbling at the sight of food. He settled down on the couch across from me with his own plate.

I set my plate on my knees unable to eat with him sitting in front of me. He stared at me as I played around with my food before sighing and setting his own plate down and making his way to me.

"Please eat, or I could feed you." He said seriously and I looked at him eyes wide but was relieved to see the amusement swirling in his eyes.

"I-I'll eat" I said and he gave me a small smile before returning to his seat.

I dug into the warm pasta, it was absolutely delicious but what else could one expect from the chefs of a man like Alaricus Knight.

"Do you like it?"he asked and I nodded.

"It's made by my favourite chef, he has worked for me for a very long time now." He said, and I nodded again staring directly at my food as I ate.

The rest of our meal was spent in silence, once we were both done eating he got up coming to grab my plate and set it on the tray. He left again and a few minutes later the maid Cynthia came back to collect the cart. Alaricus Knight thanked her and asked her to thank the chef for the great meal before dismissing her. Still looking down she bowed at both of us leaving us alone again.

"You must be tired, I'll leave you alone to rest now." He said getting up making his way towards me he kneeled in front of me again cupping my face in his hands gently whispering
"Goodnight meum miraculum." In his deep velvety voice before he turned around walking out of the room glancing at me once more, his eyes soft, melting honey before leaving and closing the door behind him.