Chapter 3: A Small Pang Of Regret

Aya's POV:

BANG!
I awoke to a loud noise coming from outside, I peeped from My Bedroom Window 'Ah, It's just raining.' I thought and took a look at the clock on the wall, 2:00 AM it read... The bells Chimed and Resounded throughout My Room I Sighed, I didn't feel that tired to go back to sleep either. So I reluctantly decided to leave My room and go see My Collection, My beautiful Collection Of Dolls! Once I entered My Doll Room and Turned on the lights, I instantly felt soothed... All these Precious Dolls I have created was absolutely a brilliant success! "Father would have been so proud..." I trailed off, "Aha! There you are... Little Jean Rooney." I whispered, Took a deep breath and Closed My Eyes... I remembered the day when Jean first came to Our Doorstep, Coughing and Hacking, Her Voice weakened by Her Sickness, I lead Her inside to one of Our Tables, We chatted for a bit-- After that, I injected some 'Medicine' into Her Wrist, She Yelped in pain, She started Squirming and Screaming... At this moment, I was reminded of that Zombie Girl apparently named Collina that had Short Blonde Hair and Deathly Pale Blue Skin who seemingly 'Possessed' Me and Showed Me Her Final Moments by the hands of My Father and Maria.

Before I knew it, Jean was finally still... I then asked Maria to Fix Her up and Put Her into one of our homemade gowns. After a while, Maria was done with the Preparations and Put Jean in a beautiful Mint-Green gown with Teal Ribbon accenting it, Topping the look with a matching bonnet on Her Head-- She was one of the first dolls I had created, Just the feeling of Remembrance felt so Nostalgic and yet... Regretful?. I Sighed and Then jumped when I heard a Familiar Voice from behind me, It was Dio "Hello, Aya..." He said calmly, Leaning against the doorframe with His Arms crossed, His Amber Eye gleaming "Oh... It's You." I said in a Harsh Tone and Rolled My Eyes, Yet he only slightly Smirked at the sight of me and Chuckled. "I must ask, Dearest Aya... Why are you up so early in the Morning?" He questioned, "What does it matter anyway? Why are you even awake at this hour?!" I Scoffed "Same as you, The storm woke me up as well...".

I Rolled My Eyes yet again, He ignored me, Slowly walked up to My Collection, Took a short glance at it, Turned to Face Me and Sighed "Such a Disgrace, Isn't it?... Before I was Reborn as a human again, Your Mother had told Me that... That She and Your Father had never wanted You to turn into This!" He Spoke with slight anger in His Voice, I reached for My Scalpel in My Apron Pocket. Preparing to swing, At any second... Yet, Dio had only engulfed Me in a tight embrace-- I froze, My Bright-Blue Eyes widening, Blush had Tinted My Cheeks, The Scalpel had slipped off My Grasp "I can easily see the Regret in Your Eyes, Aya... And I'd never think that Sweet, Innocent, Stubborn 11 Year Old Girl... That I had secretly fallen in love with, Would turn out like this!" Dio Whisper-Yelled at me, His Voice was Pained "W-What?" I Stuttered, I felt My Blush grow deeper... "Now you know The Truth... 8 Years Ago, When I first Met You on the day of Your Mother's Curse, I had suddenly fallen in love with you, Embarrassing... Right?".

"N-No, Not at all..." I Stuttered yet again and Silently cursed, 'God... I must look like a complete Fool right now, Blushing and Stuttering like an Idiot!' I thought to myself "Really?" He asked with a surprised look on His Face, His Amber Eye widened-- A hint of Shock and Excitement in them and slight Blush tainting His Cheeks, I smiled 'I have to admit... Seeing Dio like this, He's actually gotten pretty attractive-- Wait, What am I thinking?!' I Thought and Felt My Blush deepen more, I then felt Dio tighten His Embrace on Me... Pulling us closer, He started to lean forward, My Dark-Blue Eyes widened as I felt His Lips on Mine, Dio was kissing me. The Kiss between Us didn't last long, Though I was Frozen through the whole of it from the sudden surprise... Dio was silent, A Small Frown on His Face, He began walking out of My Doll Room-- I grabbed His Right Hand quickly, Facing Him towards Me and Kissed him back, He joined in after a few seconds passed, We then heard Somebody Cough and Separated quickly... It was Maria "I am truly sorry for interrupting... But, It is already 3:00 AM Young Mistress and Master Dio, I advise You Two to go back to Your Rooms and Rest until Morning..." Maria responded with an Apologetic Smile.

"No need for Apologies, Maria!" We said in Unison again with Reassuring Smiles on Our Faces, "I will go on ahead, Is that Ok with You... Mistress?" Maria asked after She had locked The Doll Room Door and As She started to head to Her Room, I Nodded. When Maria was out of sight, Me and Dio turned to each other, Then said Our 'Goodnight' to one another and Went back to Our Bedrooms, I didn't mind the Storm going on outside anymore, All that I remember next is falling asleep with a Smile on My Face.