|21(last chaper)| Quarter Quell

It's been four years since my games. I'm 18 now and Shana has moved out since I'm an adult.

The people of district 7 only know me for my games, but I've been labeled as rude and sarcastic. I guess it's kinda true since it's mostly how I act now.

My old house was destroyed by a "fire" but trust me. It wasn't just a fire. The Capitol set up a fake fire to punish me again, like killing my dad wasn't enough. That's when I totally snapped and became who I am today.

Speaking of today, it's the 75th Quarter Quell. I wonder what brainless rules these games will involve.
Last year, the 74th games, there was a rebellious tribute just like the Capitol thought I was. But she actually openly defied the Capitol by putting flowers on her dead allie and was going to kill herself and her lover at the end, because they were so hopelessly in love.
I have some doubt about their starcrossed love thingy. I can't help but think it was kind of an act. The boy seemed acually in love, but Katniss, the girl, seemed to be pushing the limits. I don't think she really felt it.
At the end they were going to die for each other but the gamemakers stopped the games and they both won.
Snow killed my dad and burned my old house for a tiny act. I can't even fathom what he's going to do to Katniss and her lover for what they did.
She defiantly looked mad at Snow. I'm glad she did something like that. The Capitol needs to learn their lesson. It might of even caused some uprisings. Now that would be a show.

My screen in the sitting room flashes on, along with the rest of the screens in Panem obviously. I walk over and sit on the couch in front of it. What kind of Quarter Quell will this be?

President Snow pops up on the screen and is accompanied by a small boy holding a fancy box on the stage.

"Hello Panem. Welcome to the announcing of the 75th Quarter Quell. As you know, every 25 years there is a Hunger Games with special rules to ensure that the districts abide by our rules. These games will be hosted in six months after the Victory tour for our last years victors. Congratulations to Katniss Everdeen, and Peeta Mellark." President Snows slurred snake voice says. I hear a hint of irritation when he mentions the victors. I can tell he isn't happy about their games.

"Now... For the Quell rules." He clears his throat and the young boy steps up to him and holds the box open. Snow carefully picks the envelope on top that has a large 75 stamped on it, then shoos the boy away. He scurried off the stage with the box.

Snow peels the envelope open and I sit back on the couch.

"Brainless President Snow. No one cares about this." I roll my eyes.

Snow fiddles with the paper until it's unfolded and neatly set on his podium.

"For the 75th Hunger Games, to prove that the Capitol has all power over the districts, the tributes will be reaped from the existing pool of victors." He reads. I gasp and sit up.

What?!

I was PROMISED a life of wealth and riches! A life free of the Hunger games! But now I have to go AGAIN! This can't be right. Snow just re-wrote the 75th games, to punish those district 12 victors who won last year! This is just a big punishment!
There is no way I'm going to go back there. I've been trying to get as far away from those games since I've won. But now I have to be sent back to the place where is started. Agh!

(6 month later)

I stand furious up on the justice building stage. Kufafa is doing the reaping again like he always has.

Beside me stands Shana and the other mean girl. There aren't any boys so there will be a random boy reaped. Diamond and the stylists came early this morning to prep me and I let them throw me in a white blouse and some pants.
Upon seeing Diamond again, she gave her full condolences on my dad. She told me how she would be devastatingly sad if Snow killed her son. And I cried a little before they got my makeup on. But I can tell she could sense the depression and strictness in my voice.

"Hello ladies and gentleman. As you all know these games include the tributes being reaped from the existing pool of victors. Since there isn't a male victor, a random boy will be reaped from the crowd." Kufara explains emotionless.

"So as always, we will start with the female." He walks to the female reaping ball.
It's filled with cards with my name, Shana's name, and the other girls name. I haven't caught her name yet. I wonder what it is?

As Kufara reaches down in the ball and grabs a card on the side, I gaze sternly out upon the crowd. The sorrowful children look up at us on the stage.
While standing up here I feel a lot older than them even though I'm just 18. I would still be eligible to be reaped if I hadn't already.

Kufara makes his way back to his stand and I roll my eyes at how slow he is doing this, making sure the cameras catch it.

"Just get this worthless thing over with already." I murmur to myself. I don't want to go back to the games, but if I do, I really, really want to rub it in Snows face. I'm going to defy the Capitol without trying to conceal it.

"The female tribute for the 75th Quarter Quell is.... Johanna Mason." Kufara exclaims to the unemotional crowd. Shana gasps.

I blink surprised. Angry at Snow. But I'm not disappointed. Not even scared. I'm kind of satisfied. At least now I can show President Snow how I feel while the cameras are trained on me in the arena.

How I feel about my dads death. My home burning. My well-being taken. My comments on the Hunger games. How I feel about this quarter quell because I was promised a life without anymore games. But most importantly, I can show him how I feel about him and the Capitol. I can openly defy them without hiding it, and rebel all I want because now I don't have to worry about Snow punishing me.

He has already taken everything I have. I don't have anything or anyone left to love. He can't hurt me anymore. If I die, I can live with my family forever. But if I don't, and as long as I live in Panem, I will always rebel against the Capitol. When I'm in those games, I can do as I wish to rile the districts against Snow.

He can't hurt me anymore. I have no one left to love.

So instead of acting sad and cry my eyes out. I just smirk and chew my tongue. And I mean ever part of it. I'm satisfied. Now I can rebel without being punished.

"Fine with me. Let the brainless 75th hunger games begin." I say walking to the center of the stage with the smirk still plastered on my face.

I'm not holding myself back for these hunger games.

❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

I hope you enjoyed this book!
It was my first story on wattpad and very fun to write. It makes it all the much better when I have all the great readers. Thank you to all of the people who commented and voted on my chapters, and a special thanks to all of you who follow me.

I love all of you who read.

- Shera_cr0wner -