Chapter 5

Jason dragged her to their room and threw her onto the ground before closing the door. Sara quickly crawled away from him, her body shaking with fear.

"You are to spend time with me." He snarled.

Sara gulped, "B-but you said I could spend time with them today."

"Well, too bad."

He grabbed her by the hair and slapped her across the face. Sara whimpered, knowing she was pathetic. But no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't force herself to hit her mate. He would leave her, just like he threatened multiple times.

"I'm sorry." She cried.

"You're never sorry, you bitch!"

He slapped her again before punching her. She didn't make any sound though, she instead, fell to the ground. As he kicked her she stayed silent, allowing her tears to run down her cheeks.

"P-please just during the day...I-I'll...have sex with you during the night. I miss my family."

Jason froze at this, he smirked and grabbed her by the jaw.

"Good girl. You know the rules?"

"D-don't tell them anything."

"That's a good little wolf."

Sage watched as Sara walked over to the couch, she narrowed her eyes at the slight limp in her sister's step. She noticed how Sara made sure not to touch anyone, she curled up at the end of the couch and stared at the ground.

"Sara, are you okay?" She asked.

Her sister didn't answer.

She frowned, "Hey, Sara."

Sara slowly looked up, "I-I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Sage. I-I'm sure. Just please leave it alone."

Sage eyed her sister carefully, knowing something was extremely wrong with her sister. She didn't push it though, she didn't want to risk her sister storming out and going to some other place. Where she can't watch over her.

Throughout the movie Sara stayed in the same spot. She would flinch whenever her siblings cheered at some scene in the movie. Sage couldn't stop checking on her sister, she growing more concerned by each passing minute.

She had briefly wondered if Sara and her father got into another fight, but she saw her father go into his office before she had run upstairs. All Sara did was sit in the hallway.

After the movie was over she grabbed her sister and dragged her into an empty hall.

"Sara, what's going on? Are you okay?" She asked, worried.

"I'm fine, I just have a headache." Sara mumbled.

"Are you-

"I'm fine, Sage! Just please, leave it alone! Please!"

Sage frowned, but nodded and let her sister run upstairs. She shook her head, trying to figure out what was causing her sister's sudden mood swings.

"What was with the shouting?" Dimitri asked.

Sage shrugged, "Something is wrong with Sara and she won't tell me. She just...acted weird. Wouldn't let anyone touch her and stayed at the very end of the couch."

"She's probably pmsing or something."

"She's done that before, but not this. Dad, this is different. Trust me, I know. I'm a very observant person."

"I know." He sighed. "Keep an eye on her."

Sage nodded as he walked away.

What is going on, Sara? She wondered.