Chapter 8

Sage walked outside to see Sara sitting on the porch, staring at the shadow covered forest. She smiled to herself before walking over and taking a seat beside her sister. Both sat in silence, covered by the moon's soft glow.

"Are you okay?" Sage asked.

Sara sighed, "I'm fine, I'm just tired."

"Jason is treating you well?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't he be? He's my mate after all."

"I'm just making sure."

Sara bit her lip, "How are things with you and Mason?"

"Great, actually. We hung out for a while today since mom and dad took the crazy kids out for ice cream."

Sara chuckled, "Sugar and them aren't a good mix."

"Especially when Demetria is just like dad when he has sugar."

Both girls laughed softly, Sage frowned again. "How are you and dad?"

Sara released a breath, "He's still ignoring me. I tried apologizing again, but he told me to leave him alone. But after checking me for injuries...which was weird. I haven't fought a rogue or anything."

"He's just making sure. You know how males get when it comes to their mates and pups."

"I guess so..."

"Well, I'm going to watch a movie. Want to join?"

"You better not, I need some release." Jason quickly mind-linked her.

Sara shook her head almost immediately, "No, I'm good. I'm gonna turn in for the night."

"Oh, okay, goodnight." Sage frowned.

Sara forced a smile, "Good night."

Sara nervously walked into her room, clutching onto the door knob until her knuckles turned white. Jason walked inside from the balcony and closed the doors. He then pulled her into the room and locked their door.

He pulled her against him and kissed her softly on the lips.

"See? When you're a good little wolf, I'm not so bad. I'll be gentle and slow tonight." He whispered.

Sara only nodded quietly.

Jason frowned as he gently grabbed her jaw and made her look at him. It took all of her strength to not flinch at his touch or cry.

"I love you." He whispered.

Sara swallowed, "I love you too."

"He doesn't love us, Sara. You know that. You're smarter than this. He'll be the death of us." Her wolf sounded.

Sara cut their connection off and kissed him back as he crushed his lips against her's.

If I keep acting, then he won't. She thought.

She was relieved to wake up the next morning without that terrible stinging pain. Jason's arms tightened around her and pulled her closer.

"Morning my little wolf." He whispered.

Sara made sure to relax, "Morning, my handsome prince."

She felt disgusted with herself, she was beyond confused. She didn't know if she truly loved him or if it was just the bond. She hated being near him now and hated even kissing him. She just wanted to escape.

"I have to work with the guard today. You'll be a good girl and act fine around your family? Not that your father cares anyway." He yawned, sitting up.

Sara sat up and nodded, "Don't worry, I'll be good."

He kissed her on the cheek, "Good girl."