Chapter 29

As Sara sat on the cliff with Jason laying against her chest, she listened to the war going on. She kept scanning the forest, ready to shift at any moment. When a howl of triumph echoed through the trees she grinned.

"Y-you g-guys won." Jason smiled.

She chuckled, "Yeah, we did."

Her arms tightened around him as Sage burst through the trees, her father following after.

"Please tell me you have pants on, dad." Sara said, her eyes wide.

Dimitri chuckled, "Of course I do. Here, I have a shirt for you and....you're holding a boy while you're naked."

Sage rolled her eyes, "Here we go again..."

Sara pinched the bridge of her nose as her father proceeded to scold her on touching a guy while she's butt naked.

"Dad! I'm going to stay naked if you don't give me the damn shirt!" Sara exclaimed.

Dimitri raised an eyebrow, "Do you have an attitude with me?"

"Yes." Sara replied stubbornly.

He sighed and threw the shirt over to her, "Jason, don't look at her tits."

Jason mumbled in reply as he started to slip into the darkness again. Sage gently grabbed Jason and rolled him into her lap, wincing when he groaned in pain. Sara quickly slipped her shirt on before grabbing Jason again.

"He needs the doctor." She stated.

Dimitri nodded, he walked over and picked the young man up. Sara and Sage followed closely as they walked back trough the forest.

"Uh, who was that alpha that made a surprise appearance?" Sage asked.

"That would be Alaricas. He always loved making dramatic entrances." Dimitri sighed with a roll of his eyes.

When they returned to their territory, Dimitri hurried to the infirmary. Sara kissed Jason on the cheek before he was taken away.

"Why don't you go and shower? He's going to be in there for a while." Dimitri suggested.

Sara nodded, "I need to tell Iris anyway."

Sara walked into her room to see Iris sitting in her bed, hugging her knees to her chest. When she noticed Sara she hopped out and ran over to her.

"Is he...is he okay?" She asked.

Sara smiled, "He's fine."

Iris sighed in relief before hugging her, "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Sara quickly showered and got dressed, she then gently took Iris' hand and lead her to the infirmary. They both took their seats, silently praying that he would be okay. But Sara already knew he would be, he wasn't what she called weak.

Hours passed before the doctor walked out, searching for Sara. She immediately stood up and walked over to the doctor with fearful eyes.

The doctor smiled, "He's going to be fine. Most of the infection was already gone, so, we cleaned out his wound and stitched it up. He's awake right now and has been asking for you. He's also terrified of werewolves he doesn't know."

Sara thanked her before following her to Jason's room. When she walked in he was curled up at the edge of the hospital bed, his eyes wide and filled to the brim with fear.

Sara hurried over to him and cupped his cheek, "Hey, you're okay."

"Th-they won't kill me? Or make me a slave?" He whispered.

Sara's heart broke as she saw the terror in his face. She gently placed a kiss on his cheek.

"No, they won't." She assured him.