No Escape

She stood still, frozen, her back pressed against the wall in the corner of the room, trying to make herself seem as small as she could.

It's coming.

The wolflike creature walked towards her, tall and proud, striding purposefully and menacingly. It walked towards her, it's yellow eyes piercing into her soul.

It's fur was completely black, camouflaged against the darkness of the room, but she could hear it's footsteps, it's panting. And soon, she could feel it's breath on her bare skin.

Her heartbeat accelerated, her hands shaking in fear.

"Please, no," she muttered, on the verge of tears.

It snarled at her, revealing it's large, yellowed fangs, sharp as a blade. It's teeth was ununiformed, protruding from different parts of it's gum, all equally as sharp and terrifying. One bite and her head would be ripped off.

She gulped as it's wet snout brushed against her cheek. She felt it's fangs on her face and she remained still, knowing that even a single movement would cause it's fangs to pierce into her skin.

"You have to pay for what you've done," the wolf bellowed, snarling at her in distaste. "All these years. In all your lives."

"No, no. Please," she sobbed.

It howled, the sound bouncing off the walls. She closed her eyes, tears streaming down her cheeks in fear.

It backed away from her, and she breathed a sigh of relief. Perhaps the creature would spare her.

"Thank you," she whispered to the gods. "Thank you."

Only she spoke too soon.

The creature leapt off it's hind feet, pouncing onto her, it's teeth sinking into her skull.

She screamed, but it was short lived. Before anyone could even come to her rescue, she was dead.

And the creature with the monster fangs had won once again.

___

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed reading this. This story is for the contest for fright cause the prompt this time seemed kinda cool haha. It was really fun writing this. Have a great day! Until next time.