One

"Bullshit man, it's gonna be sick! Come on, it's Summer! Do you have any idea how many girls in bikinis there are gonna be?" I cried, jumping on Liam who was sprawled out across the couch in Harry's bungalow.

"Jesus Niall, okay I'll come if you get off me alright? I can't breathe," Liam wheezed, and I rolled off him and onto the polished floorboards with a loud thud.

"You're lucky you've got such thick skin Niall," Zayn chuckled from his spot by the door.

We'd packed ourselves up for Summer break, me, Liam, Zayn, Harry and Louis, and were spending the time in Harry's bungalow that was a short distance from one of the best beaches in the country. Zayn was more eager than anybody to get going, standing by the door and impatiently waiting for Harry who was trying to find the volleyball and Louis who had to close over the spa while we were gone. 

"Hurry up and get ready then!" I told Liam, smacking his leg as I padded across to the kitchen.

I rifled through the cupboards and grabbed a bag of crisps and shoved a cookie in my mouth before turning back around to face an increasingly impatient Zayn tapping his foot, and Liam shedding his clothes in the middle of the room.

"My trunks are up in the room so I'll just go in my pants," Liam shrugged, kicking off his converse and wiggling off his jeans.

"I'll get them for you," Zayn sighed, dropping his towel and bag and racing up the stairs.

"Thanks for the help guys," Louis said, his voice dripping with sarcasm as he came in the sliding door across from the TV.

"Sorry mate," Liam shrugged.

"Here," Zayn said, appearing beside Liam and draping a set of trunks over his broad, toned shoulders that were a dark golden shade, like the rest of him.

"Thanks man," Liam grinned, and dropped his pants, leaving him stark naked for a few moments before he pulled on his trunks.

 "Are we going or what?" Louis asked, grabbing his towel and throwing it over his shoulder.

"Harry's still looking for the volleyball so we have to wait until he finds it," Zayn sighed.

"You didn't think to help him look, maybe?" Louis questioned, arching an eyebrow.

"He said he didn't need help looking for it, so no," I shrugged.

"Alrighty then, you guys go ahead, I'll help him out and we'll meet you down there okay? I know you guys are desperate to get there," Louis told us, gesturing at the door.

"Woo! Thanks man," I grinned, smacking him on the shoulder and running at the door which Zayn already had open and was racing out of. 

Zayn was practically running down the footpath, and as soon as Liam caught up we were racing each other to the white sand and gorgeous blue water. We couldn't get there fast enough, pushing ourselves even as our legs began to ache and our lungs screamed for more air, we ran as fast as we could until we reached the almost empty beach. There was a handful of people in the water, and a few more lounging on their towels and soaking up the sunshine.

"Last one in the water cooks tonight," Liam cried, throwing down his things and running at the water with everything he had.

I dropped my bag and towel and raced after him, desperate not to be the one stuck with the job of cooking for five food-loving teenage boys. Somehow I managed to overtake Liam, and ended up being the first to crash into the warm, salty water, and someone that was wave diving.

"Hey are you okay?" I asked quickly, reaching out for the girl I'd smashed into.

She looked up at me and I couldn't help my mouth from dropping open. The girl had a mass of long, black hair and the clearest blue eyes I'd ever seen. She had a button nose and dimples before she even began to smile. Wrapped in a one piece swimsuit and a soaked crochet dress, she looked like an absolute dream, and I felt my head start to spin and my mouth dry up.