Seven

"I want to go down to the beach," Lacey said, her gaze directed out the window.

"Lacey . . it's raining," I told her, looking out at the dark grey sky and the fat raindrops it was shedding onto the beach front and our bungalow.

The sound of it hitting the tin roof was kind of beautiful, and Louis had started burning wood in the open fire under the TV to keep us warm.

"Have you ever swum in the ocean when it's raining? It's the most amazing feeling, I can't even explain it. If you don't want to come you don't have to, but I'm going," Lacey grinned, leaping to her feet and hurrying for the bedroom we still shared.

I groaned, not wanting to pass up the opportunity to spend time with her, but not wanting to face the freezing weather or the even colder ocean.

"I'll come down with you, if that's alright," Zayn suggested, getting to his feet and stretching his arms over his head.

"You're being brave, but of course it's alright," I teased, getting up from my seat on the couch.

"Yes Zayn!" Lacey squealed from the bedroom, obviously having heard Zayn ask if it was alright for him to come down too, and she seemed pleased by his request.

"Alright then! I'll grab the biggest towels I can find and get into my trunks," Zayn told me, heading upstairs.

"Lace? Can I come in?" I asked, padding over to the closed door into the bedroom we shared.

The door opened a fraction, and I tapped it with my knuckles so it opened slowly before I stepped inside and pressed the door closed again. I turned around to see Lacey standing in her lace underwear and my stomach dropped to my ankles. 

"Sorry, I was gonna ask if I could wear a shirt of yours over top.."

"Yeah, yeah of course you can," I said, shaking my head and looking away from her.

I rifled through my messed up suitcases until I found one that'd be suitable, and I reached across the bed to hand it to her. With smitten eyes, I watched her pull the shirt over her half-naked body so it covered the tops of her thighs. 

"Niall?" she asked, snapping me out of the daze I was in.

"Sorry . . you're just really beautiful, you know that?"

Lacey looked down, her cheeks flushing a soft shade of pink.

"Don't you have something to be changing into?" she changed the subject.

I rifled through my clothes until I found my swimming trunks, and it took a few moments for me to kick off my socks and switch my sweatpants for the trunks. I shed my shirt and walked back around the bed to where Lacey was standing, facing the door to give me some privacy.

"Done," I told her quietly, standing behind her and wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Good," she smiled, looking up over her shoulder at me.

I loosened my grip so she could turn to face me, and her hands linked behind my head, resting on the nape of my neck. My lips curved up and her cheeks burned again. I brushed the hair from her face with my hand before resting it on her cheek, running my thumb over where the colour was deepest. She closed her eyes and let out a heavy breath. I leaned forward and pressed a gentle kiss to each of her closed eyelids before kissing her button nose and the corner of her lips which pulled up. 

"I love you Lacey," I whispered before I pressed my lips tenderly against hers.

"I love you too, Nialler," she breathed, resting her head against my chest.