Thirteen

"Niall, you can kiss the absolute crap out of your wife," Harry declared.

I looked down at Lacey who was gazing at me through her thick lashes, and I ran my fingertips over her jaw before resting my palm against her neck. She smiled slightly before I leaned into her and slammed our lips together.

I could hear the lads clapping and cheering, but I pushed them out of my thoughts, focusing only on Lacey who was tangling her fingers into my hair and kissing me back with everything she had in her. Her lips were soft and held a tang of strawberry, which I assumed was her lipgloss, and the taste only made me want to keep kissing her more.

Eventually Lacey sank down from her tiptoes, breaking the kiss. I looked down at her, taking her hands in mine and grinning hugely. Sure, it wasn't legal, but it was good enough for me.

"Mrs. Horan," I whispered, and she bit at her lip, her palms clamming up.

"Mrs. Horan," she breathed, testing how it sounded, and by the smile that spread across her gorgeous face, I guessed she liked the sound of it.

"Mr. Niall and Mrs. Lacey Horan," Harry crowed, leaping at the two of us, wrapping his arms tightly around our shoulders and kissing both of our heads.

Louis, Zayn and Liam ran at us and squished the three of us into a tight hug that sent elbows into my sides and knees into my groin, and I almost didn't mind it. Cloud nine was an understatement, I was lost for words to express how happy I was, because there were none.

"I love you," I said into the tangle of bodies.

It didn't matter who heard the words, because in a way I was saying it to the boys as well. I loved them with my whole entire heart and soul, and there was nothing in the world that could ever change that. They were my life, my whole goddamned life, and I seriously loved them.

__________

Zayn's p.o.v

"A toast, to Mr. and Mrs. Horan, and also, a toast to Harry who's gonna start us off tonight," I grinned, holding up my beer and looking from Lacey and Niall to Harry who was gripping the guitar.

His lips pulled into a cheeky grin as he rested the guitar on his knee and felt around for the right chords.He began strumming, and after a few moments, he began singing the words to 'Marry You' which made Niall laugh.

Eventually we all joined in, singing along at the top of our lungs, apart from Niall who had to keep stopping because he still found it so hilarious that Harry had picked that song.

I couldn't take my eyes off of him and Lacey, because even with everything that was going on, they still looked like the happiest people in the world. Lacey was essentially on her death bed, and we all knew it, but it never came into conversation anymore. I always wondered how much it plagued everyone else's minds, because I knew it was something I rarely stopped thinking about. Liam knew how much it bothered me, and he tried his hardest to keep my mind off of the topic, but it was difficult to run from it. 

"You're thinking about it again," Liam noted, snapping his fingers in front of my eyes which made my body jerk, and me sit a little straighter.

"And you're not?" I questioned.

"It's in the back of my mind," he admitted quietly.

"I don't know what it is, Liam, I just . . I've got this bad feeling all of a sudden," I told him, almost silently. 

Liam's eyebrows furrowed, and he leaned in closer so none of the others would overhead our conversation.

"What kind of bad feeling?" he pressed.