Chapter 13 - Aqua Oscura

13.

Aqua Oscura

Radi's fingers weaved the laces through the tiny holes. With each stich, she would tighten them with a quick pull and continue the pattern without a hindrance. Against the white corset, her tanned fingers with their burnt orange nail polish appeared like autumn leaves dancing on a patch of snow.

She and Blethinette were in the queen's heavily furnished room. It was littered with multiple Elizabethan themed bureaus, drawers, nightstands, and vanity sets. Carved within the pieces of oak were several intricate engravings that looped and crossed each other in ways that conveyed infinite image combinations. They all rested on the same bulbous leg design of acanthus leaves.

"How is the fit, my lady?" Radi asked Blethinette once she finished lacing up the corset. She was standing behind the queen that sat on one of her many vanity sets. The cushioned stool was backless with curved out legs that matched the curved drawers on the mirrored bureau.

Blethinette stood and ran her hands over her sides and hips. She half turned right and then left, scrutinizing herself on the mirror. The tight material hugged her well and emphasized her already well–endowed chest.

"Fine work as always," she said with a nod.

The fire demon smiled.

"Radi, dear. Do you mind doing one other small favor?" Blethinette asked despite Radi's inability to refuse.

"Of course, my lady," she said. "What do you wish of me?"

The queen sat back down. "I desire you to braid my hair."

Radi was flabbergasted.

"Is something amiss?" She eyed Radi's reflection.

She shook her head. "No. No, my lady. I apologize. I shall do as you request."

Blethinette nodded and handed her an oval brush. Radi accepted it and started the long process of brushing and separating Blethinette's ridiculously long hair that spiraled on the dark marble floor. This time Radi's fingers were slow but precise nonetheless. Her claws were excellent tools to brush and smooth any stray strands back into place.

A warm pleasure surged within the fire demon as she swept through Blethinette's violet locks. They shined with a healthy beauty, a drastic contrast to Radi's own hair that waved with the colors of a falling flame.

"Radi," Blethinette softly spoke after a few minutes.

"Yes, my lady?" she answered from her seat on the floor. Her hair proved too long to braid while standing.

"Mundus is a tad too young for you, do you think not?"

She froze, her mouth drying.

The queen gave a small giggle.

"I—I am sorry."

"Oh no, my dear." Blethinette crossed her legs causing her white, high low skirt to rim by her thighs. "I prefer he be attracted to you over that mortal filth. I simply wish to know your tidings in this. You did after all love—"

"My lady, no!" Radi bolted up. "I never—"

"It is alright." Blethinette returned the favor of interrupting her. She stared at her Guard through the mirror. Three different eye colors—red, green, and orange—grazed the reflective surface like the hues of an exotic flame.

"Please finish, Radi," the Dark Blood said.

"Of course," she answered and sat back down.

The last links of Blethinette's hair had loosened. Radi tightened them up, combed the new strands, and continued. Blethinette was sitting still as not to hinder Radi's work. The braid had to be perfect. He always loved her hair when it was braided.