(36) Author's Note.

• Dédié à All Of My Fans... You guys are the absolute best. :)

Okay, so this whole chapter is an author’s note about “The Day”. But please, still vote! The Watty Awards end today, so I need… A LOT.

All right, so starting with the most difficult part. I know a lot of you don’t like the way it ended. I know a lot of you are going to hate me because of the way it ended.

But here’s the thing… I didn’t decide how it ended. I don’t know if I told you guys this, but when I write, it’s like I’m possessed. Honestly. I don’t write the stories, I just communicate them. To ya’ll.

I know, people think that the story has no point if Brent and Hailee didn’t end up together. But that’s the POINT. This story is about the day of Hailee’s death. And her having to live with her mistake. If it was going to be about Brent and Hailee’s romance, I would have just written a random story that starred them, but didn’t include any of the elements this story has.

All right? Another thing is how she was hypocritical to marry Alex. She was LONELY guys. Can you imagine? Being in her position? I couldn’t.

Okay, another thing is… YES, THE ROSES WERE IMPORTANT THE ENTIRE TIME. I don’t know how many of you have been reading this story from the beginning (when I first started it, back in July but if you are, THANK YOU! ) but the first cover was a rose. So that signifies the roses being important. They were symbolic, like the way out. It was Hailee and Brent’s love in a physical form. Which is why they died towards the end of the story.

I fixed all the open ending… except for Andrea. And that’s for a reason. The last time she was mentioned, she died. And I’d like to leave it like that.

Yes, this whole story was kind of a “journal” for Hailee’s kids. It clearly says in the end, that this is to warn those of you who read this. So she wrote the whole thing, in essence. Every chapter, every word, was in her journal. Kind of like a diary that you all get to read.

Okay, a lot of you asked if Hailee and Alex died. I don’t know. That wasn’t really up to me to decide. It was them, and all I knew was the last line. So it’s not like they committed suicide, no. But it didn’t say that they were saved. But who knows? Maybe the people got to them in time.

About Brent… the time that Hailee saw him at the party, he was actually there. She also saw him that night when she was sleeping (which is entirely new chapter, but I’ll talk to ya’ll about that later.). But she wasn’t quite sure if it was a dream. The time she was him on the raft, it was a hallucination that both her and Alex had. I don’t know much more than that.

Yes, Hailee was insane in the end. And actually insane. She’s what psychiatrists would like to call “manically depressed.” Okay? She wasn’t just really weird. She was mentally insane.

The kids… I didn’t want to give them names at first, as that would leave a lot of things open, but I decided to. But they were there. So, yeah.

Meg… I know she was a lot of you guy’s favorite character, but she got a new life, a better life. And left Hailee to Alex.

Um… the parents. Hailee doesn’t like to talk about them in the end, because she didn’t really get along with them. But they were living when the last chapter happened.

Oh! And the last chapter was 22 years after Brent died. When Hailee was 18. So that means she was 40 years old. Her and Alex both technically were.

The cover is what I'd like to call my inspiration. The ending was originally going to be something else, but when I saw that picture... I freaked.

I need as many votes as I can get guys, so if you enjoyed this and haven't gone back and voted, I'd greatly appreciate it if you did. 

           About the dream/reality about Brent. That is something very special that I will write here in a few minutes, but it will only be available to those of you who are fans of me. So go ahead and fan me to get that special treat ;)

Anyway, that’s all the explaining I have to do. If you guys have any questions, leave a comment below. :D

SO, ONTO THE THANKS…

It seems unreal that I am writing the last author’s note for The Day. When I started this, I never expected it to develop into anything remotely close to what it has.

And I owe it all to you guys.

I know I got bratty sometimes and whatnot. And I am sorry about that, but I want to let you know that you guys are the ABSOLUTE BEST. I don’t know how anyone could have better fans. When I was going through that hard time after Kim and Carlos died, you guys were there to help me. And I owe ya’ll so much for that.

To be even considered a potential finalist for the WATTY AWARDS has completely blown my expectations. And once again, it’s all because of you guys. I don’t care if I get finalist at this point. SURE, I’d be completely ecstatic, but I got this far.

Writing this story was a complete joy. I cried when ya’ll cried. I laughed when ya’ll laughed. I got mad at Hailee when ya’ll did. I was here for the ride along with ya’ll. I never felt like I was in control of this story. Ever.

So, for the very last time… (as the next chapter will have no author’s note)

Goodbye, guys! And I hope you enjoyed this almost as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Have a blessed life and may prosperity come your way.

                -Daniela <3