Chapter Eighteen

You know the saying: life is good when you cut all the negativity out of your life? No. Well, I never heard that one either until Anna. Speaking of Anna, she has been my rock since day one and a boulder for the past two months. Since giving Karina a piece of her mind, I was fired as her client, and I didn't care.

Anna met with some agents while in New York and told me I should go with her to meet one of them someday while I'm out there. Let me say, it has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. I am no longer an LA girl but a New Yorker. Living in this city for almost two months has been nothing but amazing.

I still fly into LA from time to time to finish shooting, Cold Blooded, a project I got while under Karina. I thought she would slander my name, drag me through the dirt after firing me, but no, she praised me to anyone that asked about me, and that took me by surprise. I guess she thought if she slandered my name I would spill the beans about her having sex with a man who sexually assaulted me.

Since leaving LA, I found out even bigger and better news. I'm going to be a mother, seven and a half more months to go. I haven't reached out to Caleb due to him finding out just three weeks after our argument that Evelyn lied about everything. A pap caught her taking body shots off her best friend at some bar in Ohio. Safe to say the world hates how she led the Caleb Hemsworth on. As for Caleb, he is at the height of his career, and numerous teams want him to play for them. Draft season is approaching, and as much as I say I don't care, I really do, and I'm so proud of him.

I'm going to tell him once the draft is over. 

I'd rather he not be stressed about this, and the media string together some conspiracy, and then teams wouldn't want him as badly due to another headline. For now, I'm great. Last week was my last of acting until the baby is born, then my agent Kristoph has me lined up for a lot of children's movies and television voice-overs, and when the time is right, I will be the face for Mommy & Me. My way of coming out to the world after I tell Caleb.

"So, what do you think of this house?" I look at Kristoph and shake my head no. We have been looking at homes for the last three hours, and I'm beyond hungry. "You didn't like any of the seven houses?" He leans up against the wall.

Kristoph is a muscular six-foot-three man. Beautiful chestnut skin and breathtaking hazel eyes. He's gotten mistaken as my boyfriend a lot, but we always tell the paps no, however, they think we are hiding it on the low. Foolishness. When I have downtime to myself, I always wonder if the reason Caleb never reached out to me is that he thinks Kris is my boyfriend as well.

"No, they are all too big for just me and this little peanut. I want to start off with something small like a condo. We can look for houses later, but I think I want my house to be in Texas. So this peanut won't grow up in the city." I rub my belly.

"Are you sure? Texas? You will be flying a lot when it comes to work," he informs me.

I roll my eyes. "Yes, I am sure."

"Ok, let me tell the realtor that will be all for the day, and we can go grab something to eat. I'm sure you are starving."

"I'm not." I playfully roll my eyes at him.

"You are; I saw the way you were eyeing those fake fruits. I thought you were going to eat one when we walked in." He laughs walking away.

I was going to eat one, but I decided to wait until after the viewing. Good thing he let me know they were fake. I look over at the fruit with disappointment. Damn, I really am hungry. Kristoph takes me to the nearest restaurant, which is literally an hour away from the home we just finished viewing, and I wanted to strangle him. My stomach kept growling every ten minutes. Sitting down at the table, I devour the bread basket.