4

Follow me on Social Media @ Author Pjjordan.
*****

"Ok class please turn to page fifty-three of your history textbook, you will be working in groups of two, and will be writing a report on what you read. Anyone who gets below sixty percent will have to attend extra lessons, with me until school ends." Mr. Brian our history teacher said.

Groans went up when he started to call out names and who they are paired with.

"Really, Jeffrey?" Mason's voice exclaimed from behind me.

I turned to give him a look, wondering when he got to class.

"What? You knew I like history." Mason responded to my quizzical look.

I raised a brow, for I knew that was a lie, he hardly even likes school.

"Fine I got caught, just when I was about to make it out the gate, Mrs. Parker just had to spot me but that the least of my worries. I have to work with this one." Mason faked horror.

"Might as well you work alone." I laughed, Jeffrey was maybe the slowest person at school, who doesn't know his left from right. All he did was eat and play Zelda.

Mason rolled his eyes then got up, the moment he did my partner, Aubrey came over, she pulled the desk from behind me, causing it to scrape on the floor, making an annoying sound.

I watched as she struggled, refusing to help her at all. I hate to be paired with Aubrey, she's so bossy but can do her work pretty well, so maybe it won't be so bad.

Aubrey took a seat beside me, breathing hard, she opened her textbook without a word.

"It's on Mona Lisa," Aubrey announced, like I can't see that for myself.

"Cool this should be easy then." I clapped.

"Easy, well ok. Do you even know what the Mona Lisa is?" She pressed.

"A famous painting," I said in a duh tone. "in case you forgot Aubery, I'm a straight-A student.''

"Except for that B you got in Math last week, any way I know you are smart so we should get along just fine but just don't talk too much," she said, without even looking at me, as she was too busy jotting something down in her notebook.

We said nothing to each other the entire class, which bets the purpose of group work, we made our own individual notes without putting our thoughts together.

The bell finally rang and I let out a breath, "glad the bell rang, I can't hold my pee any longer. Or stand you anymore." I added softly.

Aubery gave me a weird look but I ignored it, to hurriedly stuff my books in my bag.

"Just make sure your part is to the T.'' Aubery remarked, again I ignored her and hurried off to the restroom.

"Hey, there cutie." Josh a boy on the football team smiled, blocking my path as I tried to exit the restroom.

"Excuse me," I tried to move around him but again Josh blocked my path.

"What are you doing?" I huffed, not really asking the question for an answer.

"Have I ever told you how beautiful you look?" He grinned.

I blanched as the nasty rumours of him came to mind, the worst one I heard was about him eating the back end.

Unexpectedly Josh grabbed hold of my upper arms, causing me to squeal out but I managed to give him a punch to the mouth.

"Leave her alone!" A voice said.

"Yea, whateves. She hits like a dude anyway, bet she is secretly a guy and that's why she always turns us down. Good luck new kid. See ya Tranny." Josh said, his mouth bleeding and his hands covered in blood.

"You ok?" Romaine asked, looking me over.

"I'm fine." I brushed him off, I scanned my right hand but it seemed alright, just a bit painful from the impact.

All at once, there was a huffing sound and Romaine fell to the floor.

"Mason!" I yelled then helped Romaine up, he didn't say a word, only walked away.

"I told him never to talk to you again," Manson took the lollipop from his mouth, pointing it at Romain's retrieving back.

"He was only helping me, Josh tried to come onto me with his ass mouth and all.''

"Yes, but I told him to stay away.''

"Why don't you tell that to Josh as well, just has how you have done with all the other guys. Because of you, I don't even have a boyfriend anymore, now all the boys are afraid to approach me.''

"That's a good thing, now come, I'm taking you home." Mason said with finality.

"Ok, daddy." I followed behind him like a child leaving the candy store without a treat.

The whole ride home was silent, that left me to wonder what was on Mason's mind, he has been acting off and I was worried about him, worried that he might get into trouble again, the last time he acted shady he almost went to a juvenile detention center.

It was a good thing his super-rich parents paid off a few people like they always have to do.

I lean my head against the window and stared at the buildings as they pass by. I never understood Mason, he has it all but yet throws it away just for a good time.

When I got out of the car Mason didn't even say goodbye, much less make one of his childish remarks.

"Where have you been?" My mother bombarded me, the minute I stepped inside.

"Umm, school." I squeaked out, stepping away from her.

"I'm meant this morning, you weren't in your room young lady." Mom looked beyond pissed.

"Oh, that. I went for a jog and went straight to school after." I told her, it wasn't the truth but at the same time, not a lie.

Mom sighed, "you are grounded and next time notify me. I was about to call the cops to file a missing person's report."

With that said mom walked away and I went up to my room, sitting around my computer desk to get some work started but my phone ding.

'Make sure your window is open, I'm coming over.'

'Can't you just use the front door like a normal person, you know mom has no problem with you coming over.'

After not getting a response I went back to my task.

A little while after I heard laughing and my bedroom door pushed open.

"Romaine, what are you doing here?" I was beyond shocked.

"Just stopping by but your mom said you are grounded so I won't be here for too long."

I started to panic because if Mason saw Romaine he would flip, even though I don't know why he dislikes him so much.

My panic kicked into full gear after hearing a car pull up.