17

For the first time in a long while, my parents and I decided to church, it reminds me of that time when I was younger. Every Sunday mom made it her point of duty of cook a full course meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner.) And bake a cake early in the morning, after which we would go to church, following the afternoon service which ends at four pm we went home and ate and watch TV.

Today we were doing just that, I was making the salad, while dad thought it was a good idea to make fresh orange juice and mom was busy making the cake batter. I smiled thinking that my family might finally be together again but my smile faded, remembering the first time I invited Mason to church. We were both nine, he kept trying to eat the cake batter and was a big distraction in church.

I shook my head, I have decided to forget all about Mason and move on with my own life.

In the middle of the church service, my phone rang and played a song that was not very fitting for the occasion. Almost everyone turned to look at me, while I sat still with a passive look on my face and fished the phone out of my bag when it rang again. I fumbled to turn it off, right before the screen went blank, I saw Savannah's name but what really got my attention was the fact that Charlotte went up to the alter.

She had on a short dress looking as slutty as ever and even though I was sitting in almost the last row, I could still see that her so-called baby bump was fake, the dress was much too tight and whatever she stuffed herself with was shaped awkwardly, obviously, she didn't really think it through and it left me to wonder what she will do after her nine months.

Where will she get a baby? I am surprised to see that she has kept this up so long and did anyone ask for an ultrasound?

I made a ugh sound and got a look from a woman sitting beside me.

I couldn't wait for church to be over with to get home, eat and sneak out to attend a party with Savannah.

Which was exactly what I did, even though I had school in the morning. Savannah's message left no room for an argument, the message went like this.

'Brian is having a party and your coming.'

I was not too keen on any parting at this time, mostly because of Mason and the fact that he would always convince me to go partying with him or steal something from me and causing me to gain it back by attending the party.

Now I was at Brian's place with Savannah, someone who had tormented me for most of my high school life, feeling awkward and out of place.

"This is boring," Savanah decided, I turned to give her a look.

"I was thinking the same thing, can't we just go?" I sipped from some rum-infused punch, that was not appetizing at all.

"I just wanna go to bed," I whined

Just then Charlotte walked in, she had a Budweiser in hand and took a big swing from it, I couldn't help but notice her 'baby bump.' Which was leaning to one side and was almost triangular in shape. I mean come on, how come no one noticed that?

"She is drinking beer.'' Savannah pointed out the obvious, she didn't realize that she said it out loud until I said.

"Oh well, I'm just counting and gathering evidence that 'world bitch' isn't pregnant. At church, you should have seen her belly and now she's drinking and the same belly is almost gone." I just had to take a picture.

"I know. I really want to know how she is going to pull this off, where is the baby going to come from?" Savannah wondered.

I laughed, "I was asking myself the same thing at church."