Chapter 18 - The Fight

Chapter 18 – The Fight

Eric found it hard to contain his feelings. He was happy, and he wanted to show it to the world. However, there was something even more pressing that demanded his attention. Despite how filled with joy he was, he couldn’t ignore the fact that they were about to face a grave danger. Not even the thought of his sweet and beautiful Amelia could hinder that—although it didn’t exactly ruin his mood either.

He smirked. When this was all over, he would take her in his arms and never let go. That seemed to be a reasonable plan. At least for the time being.

‘What’s the plan, mate?’ he thought to Joshua.

‘Well. Once you’ve climbed down from your pink cloud, we’d have to set up a trap.’ Joshua faded away for a moment. ‘Vega has offered herself of as bait.’

Eric didn’t have to ask what Joshua thought of that. He’d rather die than let Vega sacrifice herself again, and Eric was with him on that one. Although, the rational part of him had to admit that he didn’t have any other alternative. Not to forget the fact that once Vega set her mind on something, there was no getting out of it.

He sighed. The mental link he had with Joshua, usually revealed his feelings to Joshua, but right now, it was the other way around. Eric was useless, though. He couldn’t help his friend through his heartache, and he couldn’t help Vega either. It was their business, and while he did want to help them make up, there simply wasn’t any way to do it right now.

Amelia’s hand touched his own. “Are you okay?” she asked. He looked up at her, squeezing her hand while noticing her eyes showing concern.

As he continued to walk, he nodded. “Yeah, I’m fine…” He sent her a weak smile. “Just trying to come up with a plan to lure out Errai.”

Amelia laughed. “And how’s that going?” she asked.

He shrugged. “So far, all we have is Vega using herself as bait.”

“That’s not a good plan,” Amelia said with a frown. “Isn’t there anything else?”

I wish there was, he though. Eric shook his head. “It doesn’t seem like it.”

Amelia started to bite her lip, and he noticed a small crinkle on her forehead. A strange urge to kiss it came over him, and he forced his eyes to focus on the ground.

“Eric?” she said.

“Yeah?”

“I think…” she said before trailing off.

Eric stopped. “What is it?”

“I might have an idea,” she said.

“Yeah?” He widened his eyes in surprise. “Well… what is it?”

“I could try to manifest him,” she suggested before averting her eyes to their intertwined hands.

“What?” He frowned. He didn’t understand what she was getting at.

“You know,” she answered, “like I did with Vega.”

Eric hadn’t even stopped to consider how Vega managed to come back, and even in his wildest dreams, he wouldn’t have considered Amelia to be the cause. “You manifested Vega?”

She nodded. “I can remember Errai’s looks,” she said. “As long as he hasn’t changed appearances, I should be able to manifest him.”

“Can you do it from afar?” he asked. If he could secure her safety, it might actually be worth a shot.