Annoucement: Rewriting Salem Witches

Hi! So I know it's been a while since I have even touched this book. But I have decided that I am going to be rewriting the Prequel of the Jesse Smith series. Why? After re-reading the story myself, I noticed a few things here and there that I didn't like or could be twicked. There were also things that I had wanted to add, but felt as if it might have been too much for the first book to get into. 

Just to let everyone know, I wrote this story when I was in high school and only 16 years old. My writing skills weren't as good as they are now. There are definitely going to be a some changes in the story. But for the most part it will still be the same story just told differently with a some new aspects to it. 

Many of you might be wondering about Jesse, Christian, Callista or the rest of the characters from the story. Even the antagonist in the story. Will they still be part of it? Will their characters be replaced? What about the setting? What about the plot? 

Calm down, I won't keep you in the dark. Don't worry, Jesse Smith will still be the main Protagonist of the story. Along with characters like Christian Richardson, Callista Lupei etc. However, they might seem different from their original character. Why? One thing I noticed throughout this story, is the lack of depth to the characters. My intention for rewriting this story is bring more depth to the characters. As an author/writer/reader one thing that I notice when reading a book, is how sometimes the reader can connect or relate to characters. 

Re-reading this story I found the characters in my opinion to be somewhat dull. Why? they didn't seem real to me, they didn't have likes, interests, or dislikes, lacked the typical high school life where they some might be in clubs, sports or any activities and I never delved much into their lives for the audience to get to know the characters as much. 

The characters will still hold their Supernatural status in the Supernatural World. Jesse will still be a witch and a teenager in high school going through life. Alongside Christian and Rose who will also keep their status as witches. Just as the Serino twins will keep theirs, as Werewolf and Seer. Tyler Gibson will keep his status of being part of the Human/Mortal world but also bridges into the Supernatural due to dating his girlfriend a werewolf. 

The antagonists will be the same, but there will be a slight twist. I won't tell you what this twist is, but I might hint it has more to do with her parents decease. Another thing that I wanted to address more throughout the plot but never had time plus the lack of inspiration. 

The friendship and romance between Jesse Smith and Christian Richardson will still be apart of the story. But I will focus more along the lines of friendship and trust in their relationship. One thing I always wanted to establish was the fact that Jesse and Christian were friends when they were children. And even through the years of change, the two would still consider each other great friends despite the pain. They have a connection whether it is something more of a magical or supernatural sense it is unsure. It could just a be normal and their free will.  But trust is just something they seem to have with one another especially once Jesse comes to terms with who she is. The romance that grows between them just so happens to be what I like to call a welcomed bonus. 

The Founding Families, Smith, Richardson, Anderson. (Other Founding Families may be mentioned throughout the series) but those three are the main ones. There will be more information on them, plus more of Grams "Sophia" and Grandpa "Alfonso". As well as mentions of her parents, Steven and Mary Smith and the connection between Christian's father John Richardson. 

I am going to try an aim for December of next year, in the year 2017 to try and get as much of the story I can get rewritten. I can't promise it will be completed by then but I am hoping that I will get at least far enough to maybe publish a few chapters. 

I will however be posting a preview of the first chapter sometime soon. In between November and December hopefully. I will post the entire first chapter in January, but that's only to give you guys a taste of what is to come. I would like to see your response, to the chapter if I should continue or not. 

If you have anymore questions that you would like to ask, just leave a comment and I will try to answer you as soon as I can. 

-RM_Spinella