What's Your Plan?

**I'd like to start by saying that it's still monday because it's 10:45 as I am currently updating this. With that being said, this is the first opportunity I've gotten for myself since class started at 9:39 for me (besides watching Corinne be a crazy bitch on the bachelor). I've been doing homework since classes finished at 5:30. I love you all to death, I really do, but please don't message me every Monday asking when I will be updating. If it's a Monday, rest assured I will update at some point in time. If I don't, there will always be an explanation ahead of time. I hope you all understand! It just kinda stresses me out, and that's already on top of all the stress I currently have.

Side note, my 19th birthday was on the 14th so shoutout to my January babies! Hope you all have a wonderful birthday month and I hope everyone enjoys the story. Love you guys always. x**

Walking into the ice cream shop, the bell on the door above us jingled. We got in line, still settled in a slightly awkward silence that had followed us from the truck. Glancing around the little shop, I liked the décor instantly. It had pale baby blue walls and pristine white tile. The layout was a bit cramped for my style, but I wasn't going to complain due to how good and cool it felt from the second we walked in. I noticed there was a table near to our left with five guys about my age. One of them looked Aurora up and down before nudging his buddy on the shoulder and gesturing our way with his head. Reading his friend's lips he said, "I'd tap that."

My blood began to boil. I instantly dropped my hand to the small of Aurora's back, not giving a fuck that I was silently staking my claim on her. As far as I was concerned, she was mine – and I intended for it to stay that way.

Aurora must have sensed my anger, because she turned to look at me with a frown on her face. "What's wrong?" She asked, settling her hand against my lower abdomen to get my attention. I looked away from the table of douche bags and down at her. God she was so small, she just barely reaches my chest. Her eyebrows scrunched in confusion and worry. My face must have betrayed my fury.

"Nothing shorty. Just a little sore from practice." I lied easily. Her eyes narrowed at me in a scrutinizing fashion as her features morphed into one of distaste.

"Don't call me that." She whined. I laughed at her expense as we approached the counter to order. I would most definitely be calling her that from now on.

"What do you want, sweet cheeks?" I asked, choosing my term of endearment lightly as I rubbed my thumb back and forth across her back. She looked up at the menu, deep in thought. Without thinking, she leaned her body against mine, letting me support some of her weight. Moving my hand from her lower back to around her waist, I started rubbing circles into her hip instead. She released a content sigh before pulling her bottom lip into her mouth and chewing on it delicately – it must've been a habit of hers.

"I think I'll have a single scoop vanilla waffle cone please." She spoke sweetly to the cashier. I had to hold back my laugh that after taking all that time to order, she still ended up choosing the simplest thing on the menu. The teenage kid completely ignored me standing there – how he did it was a mystery to me. I clenched my teeth, remembering what my dad always told me about keeping my temper in check. Apparently it always got him in trouble when he was younger, even with my mom a few times.

Clearing my throat, I finally got the kids attention. I ordered the same thing while simultaneously shooting daggers at the little dweeb with my eyes. His own widened for a fraction of a second before he gulped and nodded quickly. Ringing us up, I pulled my wallet from my pocket.

"What are you doing?" Aurora asked as I handed him a ten.

"Paying, what does it look like?" I teased, lighting patting her on the hip.