24

-Jungkook's POV-

I woke up in the middle of the night for the third time, but to my surprise, Taehee wasn't by my side. I turned panic in an immediate and began to search for her everywhere; kitchen, bathroom, balcony, but she was nowhere to be seen.

I grabbed my jacket and rushed to the front door. Sh—. Her shoes were not there either. At that moment, my mind was a total mess, I couldn't really think straight. But there was this one place that popped out in mind.

The park.

So, I decided to go to the park. The park was really quiet and colder than before. And of course, there was no one around at that time, it was freaking 3AM in the morning. I swore, if anything bad happened to her, I would never forgive myself.

I walked around the park and checked every corner to make sure I didn't miss anything. Unfortunately, she was not in sight. This made me suddenly wonder, why would I ever think that she would be in the park though?

I went back to the apartment and this time, I decided to ring Jimin's door just in case she was with him. I tried to ring the doorbell for a few times but received no response. They were asleep, perhaps.

I was about to leave when the door suddenly swept open, revealing Jimin with his messy hair. He didn't look much surprise seeing me there. It was as if he'd already expecting me to come.

"Are you searching for Taehee?"

-End of POV-

Jimin led him to his kitchen, knowing the reason why he came though he didn't say anything to him yet. Once Jungkook arrived there, he was glad to see you peacefully asleep at the table with an empty bowl beside you.

Taehyung was there too, sitting across of you with a phone in his hand. He quickly stood up and made his way to Jungkook's side as soon as he saw him.

"She fell asleep just after she ate the jjajangmyeon." Jimin said while rubbing the back of his neck.

Jungkook quietly pulled the chair beside you and seated himself on it. He forgot, that you'd not eaten dinner yet.

"What happened? She came here crying while saying that she was hungry." Taehyung added as he yawned.

Jungkook was actually planning to keep your miscarriage a secret for a while, but seeing them got involved in this mess pretty quick, he decided to tell them everything.

Both of them were speechless after they found out about your pregnancy and miscarriage. They couldn't think of anything much to say except telling him to stay strong.

After Jungkook had a little chat with them, he decided to bring you home by lifting you bridal style. He was very careful on every step he took not to wake you up.

Once he arrived at your room, he gently laid you on the bed and covered your body with the blanket. After that, he slowly went under the blanket and lied right beside you.

"Please don't try to disappear anymore. Do you know how scared I was?" He whispered.

Eventually, he fell asleep at 5 and had to wake up at 6 for work.

~~~

A week had almost passed since that horrifying day. You'd never get out from the apartment, cook meals for Jungkook, wash his clothes, or even exchange words with him.

Thus, he'd to eat at the outside and wash his own clothes. But whenever he got home, he would bring some foods for you to eat.

He admitted though, that he was lonely because of the fact that you stopped talking to him. But still, he kept in his mind that you still needed some time to grieve.

One Sunday morning, Jungkook was taking a walk with Taehyung in the park to get some fresh air. They were talking about random stuffs at first, but ended up talking about you.

"By the way, when are you going to tell her.." Taehyung paused before continuing,

"..that she actually miscarried because of stress?"

"Never. She would definitely blame herself. That would hurt her more." He responded as he shoved both his hands into his pockets.

"I still can't believe that you begged for the doctor to lie to your wife, saying that everything was your fault." Taehyung added.

"She has been under a lot of stress, because of me though. It doesn't really make a lot of difference." He sighed.

"But I'm sure she wouldn't have put the entire blame on you if she knew. Plus, the miscarriage would still happen even if you didn't force her to run."

Jungkook suddenly stopped his steps and turned his head to Taehyung with a weak smile plastered on his face.

"I'd rather received the blame than seeing her blaming herself. It hurts me more, if she does that."

"You should try to explain to her nicely. She needs to know, so that she can be careful next time."

"Next time?" Jungkook laughed as his face flushed red.

"Well, later on you two are going to—"

"Appa." A small, soft voice called out.

Jungkook suddenly felt something gently tugged his pants and when his eyes trailed down, he froze for a moment seeing a little boy tugging on his pants with his small hand.

His eyes grew wide, heart beated faster. He thought he was dreaming when suddenly, a young man grabbed the boy's hand.

"I'm sorry." He sheepishly smiled to Jungkook before dragging his son away, "Let's go Jeongsan-ah."

The young man, who Jungkook assumed was the kid's father just now walked away with the boy in his right hand and a girl in his left. He looked happy with his children, and it made Jungkook a little bit jealous of him.

"I would like to have kids too."