Chapter 22

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

BJ POV

The next morning I wake up and sit up against the headboard, causing Alia to slowly open her eyes looking up at me.

"I didn't mean to wake you." I reach over, running my fingers through her hair.

"I waited up for you, what time did you get back?" She asks looking up at me.

"It was kinda late when I got back. You were asleep, so I didn't wake you." I tell her.

"Was the killing a werewolf doing?" She asks.

"Yeah, I took care of it." I don't think there will be any more wolves killing and exposing themselves to humans now that they know there will be consequences.

"What do you mean?" She rubs her eyes as she sits up next to me in the bed.

I let out a sigh, frowning a little as I think about what happened. "I tracked the guy down and killed him."

"You killed him?" She frowning, causing me to look away. Maybe she thinks I'm some kind of savage monster now, who don't care about taking anyone's life. I did what needed to be done. No one deserves what that guy did to that human.

She reaches out and places her hand on the side of my face, turning my head so I'm looking at her. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to react that way."

"It's okay, it's not every day that you hear someone say that they have killed someone, but he deserved everything that he got. Not only did he kill her, but he also raped her before killing her." I tell her causing her to frown again.

I feel as her sadness as she let out a sigh, looking away.

"What's wrong?" I asked placing my hand on top of hers.

"A lot is happening so fast and it's causing us to kill. I had to kill someone and I caused a war to start." She looks up at me with tears in her eyes.

"When?" I frown, not knowing anything about this.

"Donna, Ryan and I crossed onto the shadow moon pack land to go help, Max and Lester. It was the only way we could go without getting stopped by our patrol. We were attacked by two wolves who were only doing their job protecting their land. Donna and I killed them, causing a war to start between our pack and the shadow moon pack. I should have never crossed onto their land." She tells me as tears start to roll down her face.

I wrap my arms around her, pulling her into my chest, knowing she never been much of a violent person.

"You did what needed to be done. You guys needed to get to Max and Lester and from the looks of Lester's wounds he would have died if you guys didn't get to him." She made a choice and her choice saved Lester's life. It's not easy to kill someone, but in the world that we live in, sometimes killing is the only choice we have

Freddy's friend told him that father came and took Alia's father and another alpha durn that war, so that means Alia's family is here. I want to speak with her father first before I let Alia know they're here.

I block my emotions from Alia not wanting her to feel them right now. Just the thought of how her father helping to try to kill my mother fills me with this anger and the urge to sink teeth into him.