3: When To Update

Time is a short word but carries a big purpose. It's what you do with it that counts. And that should be remembered when it comes to updating your blog. There's no right or wrong way to count how often you update. There's plenty of options open and here are just a few examples from some bloggers that I follow:

Blogger A: Posts three-six short posts a day.

Blogger B: Posts twice a week.

Blogger C: Posts once a fortnight

Myself for example, I try to post something new once a week at least but as of right now, that will be subject to change since I have a lot more free time on my hands. The time of day that I post tends to be mornings only if I am taking part in a blog tour or in the evenings if it isn't a book haul post or a set of book reviews. If you are looking into blogging on WordPress, there is a schedule option which you can type up a post and then ask WordPress to post it up at a later date. For example, you've written a post for this coming weekend and are looking to upload it on Saturday but you will be out all day for a shopping trip so setting your post to Saturday let's say at 11am while you're not online then allows WordPress to hold off posting that post until then. 

When I had exams coming up, I wrote a few posts and then scheduled them to post whilst I was in my exams so that I had no stress and my followers got to read something new. It was a win-win situation.

If you need to go on a hiatus from posting for whatever reason, it's important to let your followers know in a blog post detailing how long you will be gone for and reasons for the hiatus if you can share them. Your followers hopefully will be understanding to this situation.

Don't beat yourself up if you can't figure out a upload timetable straight away. There's no rush to create one.

After uploading a new post, go and treat yourself. You've earned it :)