9: Talking About Your Blog

Let's set the scene: You're applying for a job that involves writing articles and editing long pieces of text, what experience do you have? Well, if you have a blog, it's important to mention that to them. You might not realise it but having a Blog and an active one can open more doors for opportunities and discussions. As someone who currently volunteers for a local charity, it's my responsibility to read, write and speak English to a high standard. This is because I sort through books and I have to write about them too.

A blog represents you, what you love and how you approach it. Not everyone writes long posts and trust me, that's OK. Not everyone blogs the same topics, that's OK too. When asked what interests or hobbies you have, mention your blog. If it helps, here's a list of simple tips to talking about your blog:

- Always state the title and meaning behind the title of your blog particularly if it has an interesting backstory to it.

- How often you update.

- Favourite blog post that you've ever uploaded.

- How blogging has shaped you into the person that you are today (lessons learnt).

- Opportunities that you've had on your blog (IE: I ran a blog tour, I interviewed a NYT Bestselling Author etc).

Being me, I do find talking about myself to a bunch of strangers to be nerve-wracking but always prepare your answers beforehand and remember to smile. If people see passionate blogger, they'll want to follow your blog.