4: Building An Audience

Getting bored and tired of seeing 0 new readers on your blog posts? The feeling sucks but completely understandable. Even if you aren't a confident person, marketing shouldn't be a barrier to getting new readers on your posts. So in short point format, here are some tips to help gain an audience! 

- Join Goodreads groups. I'm part of 98 of them (although some of them aren't active) and make new friends, promote your blog on your profile.

- Follow other bloggers that have similar interests to you and read their blogs regularly, chances are they'll follow you back!

- If you are on Twitter, there are chats running on certain days of the week where you can promote yourself. Examples include #UKYAChat every Friday and #SundayYA every Sunday. You can meet other book lovers too!

- Taking part in promotional events and blog tours can be a great way to boost your blogging status. I will be talking about this in more detail later on in the guide.

- Joining Facebook groups for bloggers as well as writers opens up opportunities for new potential readers.

Those are just a few examples, feel free to leave other examples in the comments section. Let's help people today. 

The other things that I have already mentioned in this guide with writing style and uploading are also important things to consider when it comes to marketing, if your readers know how you blog, they will know if they want to follow you. Consider first impressions as mentioned in the creating your blog chapter of the guide.