5: Tackling Social Media

To get traffic towards your blog and your voice noticed, using Social Media on a regular basis can help connect you with other bloggers and authors. I use Twitter, Instagram and a FB page for promoting new posts. Here are some easy tips on how to get followers across those platforms:

Twitter-

- Have a bio that gets to the point, explain who you are, where you review books and what you're currently reading.

- Follow other bloggers that blog similar things to you.

- Take part in Twitter chats, enter giveaways and don't be afraid to strike up a conversation with someone.

- Use hashtags in your tweets such as #bookbloggers.

- Tweet regularly (Between 1-8 times) a day.

FB Page-

- If you have any close friends/family on FB, get them to like your page!

- Create a nice header to advertise your blog. You could use Photoshop or Canva for this.

- Always post regular updates such as a link to a new blog post or an interesting discussion you've seen.

- Link your FB page onto your blog and get your followers to like it too.

Instagram-

- Have a nice profile picture that represents you (doesn't have to be a selfie) it could be your favourite book for example.

- Include in your bio a link to your blog.

- Post regularly including hashtags such as #Bookstagram #books.

- Take part in competitions by promoting it on your profile. Chances are that others who are also entering may follow you.

Don't stress if you forget to post. You'll know who your real followers are if they always stick by you. Unfollowers can be a damper but you have to understand that not everyone is going to like your blog or your twitter. The thing is, the world would be a very boring place if we all liked the same thing wouldn't it?

Be passionate and just be yourself. That is what others will want to see.