10: Q+A Part One

In this section of the guide and the next one, I will be responding to questions that I have been asked on a regular basis about my blog in general or being a blogger and what opportunities I have experienced through being one. This part will contain four questions and answers!

How have people reacted to your blog?

I have been very open and honest about it with my family and a few of my close friends, all are supportive of me and always ask what I've been reading. My Goodreads followers and Twitter followers who also subscribe to my blog do like the range of posts I upload as I don't stick to just blogging about books. I also blog about writing and mental health.

Has blogging improved your written English?

The answer to this one is yes, it has improved my written English and how I edit my own posts before I upload it for the world to see. In the early days, I was a bit careless and didn't check carefully for grammar and spelling errors but since asking my Mum or one of my blogging friends to proofread my post, I have been working hard to make sure that my posts are readable and set out clearly so that no-one feels restricted.

What one thing about being a blogger do you hate?

I have to say the Spam comments, it does tend to get annoying particularly when you are fast asleep and then wake up in the morning to see 10 new comments for example that are all spam ones. I do trust WordPress to deal with the spam should it ever become a real issue (IE: stopping me from blogging.

What is your favourite blog post that you've ever uploaded?

One in August 2016 about when I met the author Louise O'Neill at a book event the day after I was really unwell and struggled with muscle cramps and anxiety. She messaged me after I posted it online saying that I was really brave and that I should be proud of myself for being able to see her and stay for the full event. I met some great blogger/booktubers too!