Chapter 7: Perfect Girl Next Door

☼ ☽  ☼

☼ ☽  ☼

When I wake, the sun is streaming through the crack in the sheer curtains. My eyes flutter open, but I have to squint through the bright sunlight.

            Something is weighing down on me.

            I lower my eyes, fully knowing what the cause is. A sleeping Lukas is sprawled on top of me, head on my chest and arms wrapped around me. When I fell asleep last night, this definitely wasn't the position we were in. Lukas was still asleep on my lap when I fell asleep talking to Nina.

            I look over to the other couch and she's still sleeping too. If I can get out of this position before she wakes up, that would be super.

            Moving the slightest causes Lukas to stir. I think he's waking up, but instead he just gets comfortable and goes back to sleep. Either he's still drunk or he's used to this. I'm kind of hoping it's neither.

            I try to shift my hips because my back is aching and Lukas starts moving again.

            This time, he wakes up. I watch his eyes open and for a split second, I think about pretending I'm asleep.

            First I feel his body tense up.

            And it takes five seconds to realize where he is and he proceeds to spaz out, causing him to fall to the floor with a loud thump. That wasn't the reaction I was expecting.

            I raise up into a sitting position, the same time Lukas lifts to his knees. "Shit," he hisses and leans over the couch, close to my legs. "That hurt."

            "You okay?" I inquire quietly.

            "I think so," he murmurs. "I'm so sorry for anything I may have done last night."

            I narrow my eyes at him. "So you don't remember?"

            A worried look crosses his features. "Remember what?"

            "What we did," I tell him. "You obviously brought me up here for a reason, Lukas."

            His mind is working and then his eyes widen. "We didn't, did we?"

            I scoff. "Yes, we did. Twice actually."

            "Holy shit, are you serious? I am so sorry—"

            I start laughing so hard I actually snort.

            "Why are you laughing at me? Was it that bad?"

            More laughter erupts from my stomach. "I'm just messing with you. We didn't do anything last night. As you can see, we're both completely dressed."