[Camouflage​]

When I woke up, I noticed two things. One, my leg was not hurting and two, the Indominus wasn't​ here.

      I got up from the ground, but when I did, the pain came back. I groaned and immediately held onto the tree beside me. I need to move before he comes back and maybe find somebody that is nearby.

    My leg was actually not as bad as it was before, but maybe I can find some herbs or something to cover the wounds.

     I looked around and when I started to move away from the tree, my leg only hurt a bit.

    I smile in relief and I continued to walk away into the forest. Well more like limp away.

     I didn't​ hear or see anything that was a sign that the Indominus was nearby, but I didn't take a chance. I stopped when I came to a tree that was covered in moss and some herbs were growing around it.

     "Finally." I say to myself and I walk over to the tree pulling off some of the moss.

     I crouched down and picked off the herbs that were meant for healing or can make my leg feel better.

     I also picked up some branches off of the ground including some vines as well.

    I laid down and started to work. I wrapped the vines around the branches then tied it together making it like a cast.

    I laid the moss underneath and on top of the branches so it won't hurt or scratch my leg. I set it aside and grabbed the herbs, crushing them and chewing them to make them soft.

     I spit them out and I began to rub them on my wounds. I sigh in pleasure at the coolness of the herbs on the wounds and I soon cover each one of them.

     The only way I knew how to do these things was when Owen and I went camping one day and I got attacked by a raccoon. When we didn't have any medicine or bandages, he used what he can find in the forest and I soon learned as well.

      I gently wrapped the cast made out of branches, moss, and vines and I tied it tight around my leg. I shut my eyes from the short amount of pain, but then it soothed.

     I grabbed onto the tree and pulled myself up. My leg couldn't really move, but at least the "cast" will help keep it from getting any worse.

     I didn't know where the closest enclosure was at or the closest attraction, but if I found one then there will be people.

      I sigh and walk away from the tree towards any direction. I was a bit off balance due to my leg, but I quickly got use to it.

      I didn't know how long I walked or where I was going, but at least I haven't seen the Indominus the whole time. I stopped beside a tree and I sighed as I looked around.

     I was still in the forest and so far I haven't found any sign of anything besides a few birds and a lizard.

     I looked up at the sky and realized it was about to me dark. "Great." I say to myself knowing I had to find shelter for the night.

     I continued walking as the sun started to set. "Just to be the man who walks a thousand," I stopped singing to myself when I saw a sign up ahead.

     I quickly went towards it seeing it was a sign that was all around the island to show workers who worked out here where they were at and where was the closest sight was.

     I looked at it and I smiled seeing that the closest thing to me was a warehouse which I knew a lot of workers went back and forth towards it.

     But the thing was that it was three miles away.

     "Let's see, if I walk at least a mile right now, then in the morning I can walk the rest." I say and I turned onto a dirt path.

                 Three Hours Later

        "Let's, just stop...... here." I say breathless as I stop beside a tree. I been walking for hours and the sky is already black and lit up with stars.

     I sit down and lay my back against the tree, taking deep breaths. I soon start a small fire with some branches and two small rocks I used to make the fire.

      My arms were stretched in front of me as I let the fire warm my hands. Even though it got to 100° many times, it can get pretty cold at night.

      The cast around my leg was helping me not feel the pain in my leg and the herbs probably already started to heal the wounds.

     I sighed as I looked up at the stars trying to find a constellation. Owen and I use to do this at night, but we soon stopped due to us working late at night. Him with the raptors and me with the lab.

     I was so cought up with the beautiful sky, that I didn't hear the birds nearby fly away in alarm of something.

     I laid down on the ground as the fire soon died and I was left in darkness. The only light source was the few leftover sparks in the branches and the stars.

     As I started to close my eyes to have a least a few hours of sleep before I walk the other two miles, I heard the far to familiar sounds.

      I quickly looked around as I got up. The loud sound continued in a pattern that only the Indominus and the Tyrannosaurus had.

     Since the Tyrannosaurus was in her enclosure probably asleep, I knew it was the Indominus.

     I quickly looked around for a hiding place, but all I had was trees. I dashed towards the farthest one and I crouched behind it.

   The noise got louder and I knew it was now here. "Please don't see me." I wisper to myself, but I soon hear nothing. No birds, no sounds, nothing.

     I slowly peeked over only see the burned branches in the middle and a flat pile of leaves I laid on top of. No Indominus.

    I looked around confused and I slowly walked out of hiding. There wasn't even a sign that he was here.

      Maybe it was just my imagination because I was so paranoid he was going to find me.

     I walk towards what is left of the fire and I pick up the two rocks I used before. The pile still had a few sparks, but it wasn't enough to make a fire.

    I hit the two rocks together as sparks flew out of between them onto the branches and leaves. Soon there was a small glow and I set the rocks down and blew onto the sparks.

     I quickly had the fire up again and I soon started to forget everything that happened only a few minutes ago.

     As I turned​ around to go back to the spot on the ground I was sleeping​ at, I stopped when I saw something strange near a few trees.

     I looked at it closely wondering why I thought something was strange or wrong with that spot, but I couldn't put my finger to it.

     I slowly walked back to my spot, still watching the place in the trees. When I decided to ignore it and turn around to lay down, I heard the leaves rustle and branches move.

      I quickly turn around to see the Idominus moving out of the spot, his head and neck white while the rest of him was the color of the leaves and branches.

      I gasped and I quickly ran into the forest, not bothering to stay there any longer. I knew it was running after me when I hear him roar and the sound of branches falling behind me.

     It can camouflage! Of all things they could have done! They had to make him camouflage!