Thirtieth Song: MY LAST SONG

It has been a month since the battle between the exorcists and the Noahs, between the Millennium Earl and the Destroyer of Time. They knew it wasn't the end yet but the beginning of the new century when everything will start again. Just like seven thousand years ago, when the Millennium Earl was defeated by the first wielder of the Heart of Innocence and the remaining twelve Noahs remained silent for a while to reproduce until the rebirth of the Millennium Earl. It was like the history keeps repeating itself over and over again as if there was no end for this so called Holy War. It made someone think that they, both exorcists and the Noah clansmen, were just chess pieces played by two players, the God the Vatican believes in and the God the Noah claimed to be the real one.

Setting that aside, the exorcists, finders, and scientists were enjoying the peaceful days while it last because nobody knows when they will experience this kind of relief again.

For the whole month the Science Department were so busy studying the new akuma egg that General Cross brought back after that battle, the finders and exorcists were still doing their job finding innocence and exterminating the remaining akumas around.

+++[Angel's Last Song]+++

Lenalee went to look for other fellow exorcists. She went first at the library expecting Lavi would be there. She silently turned the knob and poked her head inside scanning the room for any signs of fiery red hair and what she found was Lavi sprawled on the floor, limbs at different directions, but not twisted, and there was a fountain of…blood? On his forehead.

"You lazy, ungrateful brat! Stop day dreaming unimportant things and do your assignment seriously!" Bookman snarled and smacked Lavi with another book on his face receiving a muffled 'Omf!' from the junior.

"I'm not daydreaming old panda~!" Lavi whined.

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING OLD PANDA!?" Bookman yelled at the top of his lungs kicking Lavi on his left cheek sending him across the room and landed into a pile of books. "Hmp!" and with that, he left Lavi miserable.

Smiling sheepishly, Lenalee felt a sweat rolled down her head.

"Are you alright Lavi?" she asked as she hovered to where Lavi was.

"Yeah. I guess." He replied when he removed the book that was on top of his face. He then stood up with Lenalee's help and dusted himself. "Is it time already?" he asked upon straightening his uniform.

"Yup. General Cross Marian went first while Generals Nine and Tiedoll are waiting down and the rest are doing their things. Mind if you help me find the others?"

"Sure."

+++[Angel's Last Song]+++

"Allen, would like some cookies I baked?" Lou asked from the kitchen.

Three weeks ago when Allen had recovered, he asked if their house near the seashore was still there and Lou said yes and was well maintained, so he asked permission the Komui if it was okay for them to stay there. Komui understands this; Allen wanted to feel how ordinary life feels like.

"Yes, please!" Allen yelled from upstairs.

Neah, using his abilities as the 14th Noah, made Allen's innocence sleep so it won't feed on him anymore, but what was taken away from him would never return nor be replace. And for the sake of Allen, he remained silent the whole time and never did anything so unnecessary. He did it so Allen would feel that his life is as normal as it should be.

"Done!" Lou exclaimed lightly, proud of the little preparations he did. He untied his navy blue apron, hanged it on the chair, and walked upstairs to fetch his little twin brother.