Chapter 7 - Chasing the past

Anna's POV

I was inhaling and exhaling slowly.

"Are you fine, Miss?" The driver asked, looking at me.

"No." I murmured, shaking my head slowly.

He handed me a bottle of water. I grabbed the bottle and took a sip.

A few seconds later, I felt better.

"Do you want me to take you to the hospital, Miss?"

"No, take me back to my hotel, please." I replied.

"Alright, Miss."

I walked into my suite and closed the door behind me. I couldn't still believe all these things. I took my iPad.

Suddenly, my phone rang. It was Elsa. I picked up.

"Anna, hi. How are you? How was your flight?"

"Hi...."

"What happened? Are you feeling bad?"

"I...saw Emmett's poster on the billboard here more precisely Eros's." I replied ironically.

"What? I did not understand. And who is Eros?"

"He lied to me. His name is Eros. He is a singer. And he lives in Greece not in Sweden as he has said. He totally fooled me, Elsa. I am a fool." I could not hold my tears anymore.

"Anna....calm down. Think about your baby. It is not good for the baby. He or she feels it."

I placed my hand on my stomach and rubbed my stomach.

"I will call you later, Elsa."

I hung up without letting her say anything. I wiped my tears off my cheeks. I took my iPad and sat down on the bed.

I searched for his name on YouTube. There were many videos from his concerts, video clips and more. I tapped on the video. His voice filled the room. It was his voice. His. I turned off the iPad and placed it beside me on the bed.

Eros' POV

Everywhere was dark. I wanted to say something, but I could not.

"Eros!" Someone called me. But I couldn't see anyone.

"Eros!" The same familiar voice called me again.

This was her voice. Anna's. I tried calling her, but I couldn't. She called me again.

"Anna!" I screamed and woke up.

I was in my bed. I was sweating and panting. I rubbed my forehead.

What the hell was that?

I tried to control my breaths. I switched on the light. I looked at the watch. It was 4.00 a.m.

I got up and went to the bathroom. I washed my face and went to the kitchen. Then I poured some water into the glass and drank it. I went to the living room and placed the glass on the table. I sat on the couch and grabbed my guitar. I started to play.

When I woke up, I was on the couch. My neck was hurting. I rubbed my neck and looked at the watch. It was 9.00 a.m.

Shit!

I am going to be late to the meeting. My father would kill me. I got up quickly and went to the bathroom.

After taking a quick shower, I put my clothes on. I grabbed my phone and left.

Anna's POV

I woke up because of nausea. I rushed to the bathroom.

After throwing up, I washed my face. I felt numb. I could not sleep properly last night.

I decided to take a shower. Taking a shower helped me to get relaxed.

I dried my body and hair. Then I put on a gray wrap dress. I left my hair open and put a little makeup. Then I took my bag and files. I had a meeting this morning. I left my suite. The driver was waiting for me.

"Ms. Henderson, good morning." The driver said and opened the door for me.

"Good morning."

I got in the car. He closed the door for me and got in the car too. He started to drive. He stopped the car in front of the company. He got out of the car and opened my door for me. I got out of the car.

"Thank you." I said, smiling slightly.

"You are welcome, Ms. Henderson."

I walked into the company.

"Ms. Henderson." A woman approached me.

"Yes."

She introduced herself. She was Uncle Loukas's secretary. She said he was waiting for me in his office. We went to his room. She knocked on the door and opened it.

"Ms.Henderson is here, sir." She informed and let me walk in.

I walked in. She closed the door behind me.

"Anna, nice to see you again. How are you? You look so beautiful." Uncle Loukas stood up and walked closer to me.

He was my father's friend and his co-partner in these hotel projects. He was a kind man. He was in his early fifties.

"Good morning, Uncle Loukas. I am fine. Thank you. How are you?" I said, smiling.

"I am fine too. Thank you. Come on, sit down." He pointed to the vacant seat and went towards his seat. We sat down.

"Would you like to drink something?" He asked politely.

"No, thank you."

"Ok then. We have five minutes before the meeting. Then we will go to the conference room."

I nodded.

"Sorry, I need to call my secretary."

"Sure."

He called his secretary.

"Is he here?" He asked.

His expression changed. He sighed, annoyed.

"Call him and tell him that he must be here in five minutes." He hung up.

He looked angry. His phone rang. He picked it up.

"Yes?" He snapped. He sighed again.

"Ok. When he arrived, tell him to come to the conference room directly."

He hung up and looked at his watch.

"It is time. Let's go to the conference room." He said and stood up. I nodded and stood up too.

We went to the conference room. When we walked into the conference room, everyone in the conference room stood up.

"Let me introduce Miss Anna Henderson to you. She is the daughter of our co-partner in our new hotel projects, Mr. Jack Henderson. And she is the interior designer of these hotels too."

"Good morning." I greeted, smiling slightly.

We sat down. There was only one empty seat.

"Anna, you may start."

I nodded and stood up. I started to show the presentation that there were the room design photos of the hotel.

I was talking when suddenly, the door opened.

"I am sorry that I was late."

I heard a familiar voice. I looked at him, shocked. He looked at me with a shocked expression on his face.