Chapter 20 - Little Taptiklis

Anna's POV

"What?!" He exclaimed, terrified.

"Eros...it....hurts." I admitted, squeezing his hand tightly.

"Yorgo!" He called Yorgo, the crew member.

He walked towards us. When he saw me, his eyes widened.

"Yorgo, when will we arrive in Athens?" Eros asked anxiously.

"Sir, about two hours." He replied.

"What?! Eros, do something, please." I begged, crying.

"Ok, calm down, Anna. I am here. Everything will be good." He said, trying to calm me down.

I felt another sharp pain in my stomach. I screamed in pain, squeezing Eros's hand tightly.

"Yorgo, maybe we can reach another island near here." Eros suggested.

"Sir, another island will take longer than Athens." He informed, giving us an apologetic look.

Eros breathed deeply.

"Ok, tell the captain to speed up." Eros demanded.

Yorgo nodded and walked away.

Eros scooped me up in his arms, and carried me to the cabin. He placed me on the bed carefully. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and called my doctor.

"...Ok." He put his phone on the speaker.

"How long are intervals between contractions?" The doctor asked.

"Contractions last about 45-60 seconds with 3-5 minutes rest in between." Eros replied immediately.

I felt another sharp pain. I screamed in pain, squeezing the sheet.

Eros sat down beside me, stroking my hair while looking at me, terrified. His face was pale.

"Eros..." I murmured in pain.

"I am here, Anna." He said softly, placing a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Eros, Anna is in labor. You have to help her to give birth. She can not wait to reach Athens." The doctor stated.

Eros looked at me with wide eyes. His face went white.

"...No...I can't...I can't." He murmured, frightened, shaking his head.

"If you do not help her, they can...die." The doctor warned.

He looked at me, terrified.

"Ok." He accepted, holding my hand.

"Great! Now I will tell you what you need. Prepare them. I have sent an ambulance. They will wait for you at the marina." The doctor informed.

"Ok." Eros said and stood up.

"Now, Anna, push." The doctor demanded.

I pushed, screaming.

"Anna, you are doing great. I see his head." Eros informed, excited.

"Again." The doctor said.

I pushed again.

Soft cries filled the cabin.

"Congratulations!" The doctor exclaimed.

"Hey, my little Taptiklis. Welcome to our life." Eros said softly, holding our son in his arms.

His eyes filled with tears of joy. He looked at me, full of love in his eyes.

He cleaned our baby and wrapped him in a blanket. He looked at him, mesmerized.

Eros walked towards me and gave me our baby

Eros walked towards me and gave me our baby. I held my baby in my arms.

My little one.

"Hi, my little boy." I said softly, caressing his cheek.

I placed a soft kiss on his forehead. Eros sat down beside me and wrapped his arm around me. He placed a tender kiss on my forehead.

"Thank you, my Anna. For everything. I love you so much." He stated, looking into my eyes, full of happiness in his eyes.

"I love you too. You saved our lives." I confirmed and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

"I want you to give him a name." I confessed, looking into his eyes.

He looked at me, surprised.

"Really?" He asked in excitement.

I nodded, smiling at him.

"Then Poseidon, god of sea, considering the situation." He said, grinning.

"No way!" I protested, shaking my head.

He laughed happily. "Just kidding." He said, smirking. "When I was a child, I liked this name. I said if I had a son, I would give him this name. Atlas. In Greek Mythology, Atlas was a Titan who was responsible for bearing the weight of the heavens on his shoulders, this name inspires thoughts of strength and wisdom." He added proudly.

"Atlas, my little boy." I said softly, looking at my son.

Eros stroked his little hand. "Atlas Taptiklis." He stated proudly, looking at our son.

There was a knock on the door.

"Sir, we are about to arrive in Athens." Yorgo informed.

"Ok, Yorgo." Eros said.

The ambulance was waiting for us here. We went to the hospital.

I was in the room. Eros was beside me, holding my hand. The doctor was checking up our son.

A few minutes later, the doctor came in.

"How are you, Anna?" She asked.

"I am fine." I replied.

"The nurse will bring you your son. He is so healthy. I want to congratulate you, Eros. You did a great job." The doctor informed.

I looked at my hero. My love. He looked at me, smiling.

"Thank you." He said to the doctor. "I was so scared." He admitted.

"I need to check up on you, Anna." The doctor told me.

I nodded. Eros kissed my forehead and left the room.

Eros' POV

I was sitting beside my son. He was sleeping in his crib peacefully.

The doctor said Anna and our son were healthy and safe. I was so scared that something could happen to them. I was relieved that everything went well.

I was looking at my son proudly. My son. My little Taptiklis. I could not describe how much I was happy. Holding my son in my arms, it was magical, heart-melting and incredibly emotional. I felt a mixture of love and pride. I was tremendously proud of Anna. My Anna. The mother of my son. The woman who I love to the Moon and back. I fell in love with her again today.

I looked at Anna. She was sleeping. I looked back at my son as I stroked his little hand with my fingertip.

"My little boy. Daddy loves you." I whispered softly, stroking his chubby cheek.

Suddenly, I heard my father's voice coming from the hallway.