Chapter 1.

"Come on. Go already." I mumbled through clenched teeth, watching the clock down to the minutes till 3 o'clock.

My name is Silver. Yeah unusual name, I know, but I like it. I'm 19 and go to a private college. People think only the stuck up rich kids come here. I only come here because my parents travel a lot for their business and have the money to keep me in a prestigious college. I'm originally from England but my parents and I moved out here when I was 16. Fresh out of English high school. We moved here due to my parents ever expanding hotel business and the fact that my mother's parents and their long time friends also live out here, therefore they've deemed it safer for me.

First day here and I got an amazing, yet just slightly crazy best friend. Whose parents are best friends with mine, so apparently we've always known each other. Her name's Jade. She's super pretty; every boy drops to his knees and begs to go out with her. She declined basically everyone who's ever asked her out. Jade has just above the shoulders straight, deep chocolate brown hair, beautiful ocean blue eyes, full red lips, tanned skin and is 5'5.

Compared to her, I'm slightly shorter, standing at 5'3 with slightly curly, black hair that just hits my shoulders. Silver/grey eyes, average dark pink lips, I have a slightly pale skin tone but I have some colour due to living in the California area for so long, but hey, I'm English. What do you expect? I also wear glasses.

Finally the end of school. Everyone launched out of their seats, ready for the Friday parties to start. I was the last person to leave the class. I walked from English, which was on the other side of campus, to the car park where Jade was waiting for me next to my car.

"Jaaaaaaade! Ready for a girls night out?!" I exclaimed walking to my white Mercedes Benz and hugging Jade tightly. I'm just so excited, we've hardly spoken a word to each other all week because of school. Now that it's Friday, we can go out and have some fun!

"Of course I'm ready honeybunch! We've just gotta go home, get ready and we're off!" Jade squealed.

~ 3 hours later ~

We were out and about in the town of Riverparks, California. It's quite hot this evening, in late spring. Riverparks is a small town near the beach, however it had a lovely forest and cliff area that was so beautiful in the summers to watch the sunsets in. Both Jade and I's families were from this area, although due to their business, they get to travel a lot for work.

Jade was wearing a black pencil skirt, pale pink, three quarter length sleeved blouse and pink heeled converse with the usual minimal makeup. I was wearing a black skater skirt, with a white sleeveless blouse with my usual black, flat high-top converse with the usual, minimal makeup, plus my ever present glasses. My glasses match this outfit perfectly due to the fact that they're black framed with white arms. The frames are thin so they don't look too overbearing on my face.

"Please tell me we can go and eat soon." I whined. It was 6 o'clock and I hadn't eaten since 12. I was starving! Also, I was bored of walking around the shopping centre.

"Oh my god! Yesssss. We'll go to Dean's Diner. That's a pretty good place to go and they make the best burgers!" Jade smiled, rolling her eyes slightly. She knew very well I loved food. Luckily because we both worked out 3 to 4 days a week, we could eat loads and never get fat. That was something we got from our fathers. The love of both food and working out.

Phoenix P.O.V

We were walking our Riverparks town centre, enjoying a responsibility free evening but being plagued by the thoughts of having to start travelling packs again searching for our mates.

"This is getting stupid. We've been looking for our mates since our eighteenth and that was almost three years ago now! Face it. We're not getting anywhere with this. Even there Gamma has his mate. I'm Beta. For fuck sake, you're Alpha! We shouldn't be this unlucky. This is hopeless." Ryder complained.