Chapter 2.

Phoenix P.O.V

"Jade!" She shouted as I put her down when I walked into the main living room. They ran over to each other and I swear it looked like they squeezed the life out of each other. Ryder and I looked at each other, surprised by their greeting. They were separated for not even half an hour!

"Oh my god Silver! I thought you were dead! What if that... that... that bastard killed you?!" Jade exclaimed. Silver... So that's her name.

"I can't believe they thought I was going to kill my own mate." I said to Ryder through the pack link.

"I know! I told Jade over and over that neither she nor your mate was going to be hurt or killed. She said if it happens once it will always happen again." Ryder said sadly towards the end.

"What the fuck?!" I growled.

"I don't know. But we will find out." Ryder said.

Silver P.O.V

"What do you think that was all about?" Jade asked me while we sat down on the closest sofa to us through our mind link.

"I don't know... But we'll find out." I replied through our link.

We looked up at the two guys that kidnapped us. They didn't look like anyone linked to our past, and this place didn't look like it was linked to them either. Plus we both knew we were still inside of the Riverparks borders, even if it was just barely. Judging by the greenery I saw when we were brought here, this place backed onto some of the forest this place was well known for.

Jade and I were both werewolves, that was common by the fact that we could mindlink with each other. However, we were also witches. We're the ancestors of the original witch families. Both Jade and I grew up in witch orientated families. The werewolf side was from our mothers, magic from fathers. Which is why we had to be careful about our existence. Our names weren't common in the supernatural community, everyone knew the witch family name. We learnt all about our werewolf side but we chose to keep it hidden, and therefore used our magic to mask our werewolf scent, therefore other werewolves didn't know what we were. However, that doesn't mean we can cover up our scent altogether. Just hide the werewolf side. Our families said it would keep us safer this way as you never know what some power thirsty supernatural being would do to two of the most powerful witches alive, and how they would react to the fact that we were also hybrids.

The safety didn't last long however, as Jade and I's ex-boyfriends turned out to be werewolves and after we found out they lied about being our mates, we tried to run and things went very badly from there.

I continued looking at the kidnapper guys and then one of them decided to move towards me. It was the one that captured me. He had dark black hair and the most mesmerising green eyes. He seemed to be at least a foot taller than me and by the looks of his arms, he was probably very well built and muscular.

I was so busy staring and taking him in that I didn't realise the sudden feeling of a tug on my arm. I looked at my arm and then at him and the next thing I know I was pulled off of the sofa and up the stairs. I was obviously being pulled towards a bedroom, a secret lair with dungeons wouldn't be kept on the second floor of a house. I wasn't paying any mind to where I was actually being dragged off to so it wasn't until I was pushed onto a very soft bed that I realised I was put in a room. Alone. With kidnapper guy.

"What the actual fuck?!" I shouted at him, jumping off the bed. I glared at kidnapper guy (I've got to think of a better name than that) then took in my surroundings.