Thirty

"You're here?" Sungjin stood up to hold Brian as he walked in. "That's the doctor in charge."

Brian looked up to see Daniel. They both smiled pretending not to know each other.

"How is he?" He asked sitting beside the bed. He pursed his lips tight together to prevent himself from wailing over Jae.

"He's actually better than I expected. He's okay. You don't have to worry. Can his guardian follow me."

Sungjin stood up and walked out of the room with Daniel.

"Hyungnim didn't come?"

"Sungjin hyung said to not bother him." Wonpil answered. "We came here by taxi."

"That doesn't make any sense. He's still gonna find out and when he does we're gonna be in big trouble. I'm calling him now."

"But sungjin hyung said-"

Brian ignored him and stepped out to make the phone call. "He'll be here in fifteen." He slowly pushed the door open and went back to sitting beside Jae. This time he locked hands with him.
-
Jae slowly opened his eyes and looked down at their locked hands. He gradually sat up grabbing Brian's attention. "He-hey." He said trying to get his hand out of the younger one's. "When did you get here?"

"Hyung!"

"Bro. This is a hospital. Shut the hell up. Where are they?"

"Sungjin left with Daniel. Dowoon is probably somewhere crying his butt off. And wonpil is most likely thanking God that you're in this condition cause, you know, you won't be able to bully him for a while. Are you okay? You scared me!"

"Well if you keep yelling I might just go into a coma so-"

"WHERE IS HE??"

Jae's sentence got cut off when both boys diverted their attention to the door. JYP barged into the room pointing a finger towards the bed.

"YAH PARK JAEHYUNG."

Brian quickly got up and bowed politely.

"What have you been doing to get yourself into this mess??! You fainted? Ha. I'll beat you to a plump and then you'll have a good reason to be at the hospital. No wonder you didn't look so good."

"Hyungnim you have a strange way of caring. But thanks for asking, I'm good."

"What-" JYP stretched his hand to hit him but Brian stood in the way. "Shut up. Where's Sungjin??" He turned around searching the room for the other members. "Where are they?"

"Under the bed." Jae mumbled sarcastically.

"Get me a hanger Brian. This boy needs a reason to remain in that bed." He rose his hand one more time to threaten him with a slap but put it down right before he did. "You're lucky. You're so lucky you're in here. You better come out without any more complications. I'm leaving."

"Just like that? You're leaving?"

"Should I sleep here? You have them."

"Right. I don't want anyone to stay."

"I'm staying." Brian joined in. "If you're here then I'm here as well."

"You guys are just- bye." JYP walked out shaking his head.