Thirty-one

Jeongyeon's POV

Last Sunday after he broke up with me, I ran out of the library and tripped. I couldn't stand up so I crawled to the corner. Thankfully no one was there.

However I saw him walk out. He kept breathing heavily until he finally broke down on the floor. He was crying hard and kept saying he was sorry. I held my breath so that he won't notice me.

"Hyung you're awake?" He answered his phone when it started ringing. "I'll get you something to eat. No I'm not crying." He lied as he bit on his finger. "I'll get you bread." He ended it and sniffed. Then he took a deep breath and forced a smile.
-
On Monday we were all summoned to the company and all of us sat in a room. By all of us I mean the groups all together.

Young k stood up to get something from outside and Nayeon jumped up as well.

"Oppa." She linked arms with him as both of them proceeded out of the room.

I thought he would shake her off but he just laughed and let her hold unto him. I clenched my fist before standing up as well. Jae noticed and stopped me.

"Where are you going?" He asked pulling himself up.

"I see you two." JYP commented with a smirk.

Jae quickly let go of my hand, then he gave me a pat on my back. "It's fine." He said looking at the two of them through the glass. "He likes you."

I gradually sat back down. "You know he ended it, right?"

"He what?!"

"He broke up with me."

"I-I'm so sorry." He grabbed my hand and locked our fingers. "He didn't tell me."

"He looks so happy."

"Jeongyeon." Jae's voice was comforting.

"I'm fine." I tried to take my hand out of his but he held it tighter.

That was the first time my heart skipped a beat for him. I decided to believe that I started developing feelings for Jae. I don't know. I'm just so lonely.

Young k walked back in and I noticed his eyes skipping around. They landed on our hands. I shook my head but he abruptly looked away.
-
On Tuesday I texted Jae to meet up. I asked him to bring Young k along without telling him that I was going to be there.

"Hey." I managed to say when both of them walked to the parking lot where I was standing.

"Hyung I'm leaving." He walked away leaving us.

"Bro." Jae tried to stop him. "Just talk to her."

He shrugged his hands off and stood in wait for the elevator. He dropped his head when he felt my stare then he looked at me. He eyes looked guilty and apologetic at the same time.

My eyes widened as I brought my hand up to wave. "Brian." I said faintly walking fast to catch up with him. "Brian wait. Wait." I started running when the doors opened. "Just give me a minute."

He ignored me and just walked in.

"Jeongyeon." I felt Jae's hand on my shoulder. "Stop embarrassing yourself." He pulled me into his arms and I buried my face in his chest.