Two

No longer on her weekend break, Freya's comfortable sweaters were now off the table as well as sleeping in.

In the early hours of dawn, Freya slipped on a white cotton crew neck and a pair of black leggings, finishing off the look with a loose fitting baby pink blazer and coordinating, cream pointed heels.

To match up to Heyes Enterprise's strict professional reputation she picked up her newly purchased gold curling wand. Carefully, Freya divided up individual tendrils of her straight beachy blonde hair and spooled them around the heated metal.

"One mississippi, two mississippi, three mississippi." She counted, before releasing her hair. Gently, they fell onto her shoulders, every single one a perfect replica of a spring.

Done with her hair, Freya unplugged the cord and placed her curling wand back in its rectangular cardboard box. Tucking it underneath the cupboard underneath her sink.

Opening her accessory drawer, Freya picked up a decent sized jewelled necklace and clasped it around her porcelain neck. 

Checking for any last-minute blemishes Freya left the terribly lighted bathroom, caused by the lack of light fixtures and windows.

Grabbing her purse off her nightstand Freya carried it on her shoulder, pocketing her keys, phone, and wallet in the main zippered compartment on her way to the front door.

At the mahogany coat rack, the only decent piece of furniture Freya and Bryn owned-although it was constructed from a beam of wood with a few nails hammered into it-Freya studied her reflection in the mirror one last time. 

Before turning away Freya added her clear-framed glasses to the mix since she was blind without them.

Having decided that she was Heyes approved, Freya exited her modular apartment and locked the door to 24 B with her silver key. Bryn still hadn't come home yet which made Freya uneasy on her way downstairs.

While walking past the lobby all Freya could think about was apologizing to Bryn about her outburst but she would have to wait until she came back.

Taking a deep breath of cool, dewy air Freya cautiously navigated her way through the scurry and fog of London's streets; bypassing unfinished construction buildings on her way to Covent Garden Station.

In Covent Garden Station Freya kept her pastel pink leather purse close to her body, wanting to avoid the occasional pickpocketer. She couldn't afford to lose the files Lance Heyes asked for her to assemble for his latest business conquest.

He was now attempting to purchase Persephone Enterprises, his long-time rival, and enemy Ignatius Mungo Persephone's company.

Together both Heyes and Persephone Enterprises were tied in first place for best UK founded business companies. But because of Lance's stubborn attitude, he wouldn't take the award unless he was the only one receiving it.

Freya couldn't help but remember how furious Ignatius was that day.

***

The platform boomed with hasty workers all trying to beat the morning rush to make it to their destination on time, cramming their way into an already crammed coach.

Freya followed suit and did the same.

As the train jerked to life, she held onto the nearest railing with death like grip. 

Since Freya had twenty more minutes to spare until the train arrived at Piccadilly, she used her limited time to review the notes and pointers she made for Lance. 

Revising them, where they needed tweaking.

Reaching her stop, Freya propelled her way out before the doors had a chance to close on her.

Verifying nothing was missing from her bag, Freya waited for the long escalator to take her up onto Piccadilly Street. Stepping off the mechanical steps she walked to the grand revolving doors.

Outside Freya turned right to find the gleaming glass structure that was Heyes Enterprises. 

Walking in Freya politely greeted the front secretary, both of them exchanged a civil hello and a goodbye before going back to business.

In the elevator, Freya patiently waited for the gears to maneuver her up to the highest floor in the building which served as Mr. Heyes's office.

In front of his office, Freya knocked on Mr. Heyes fogged doors.

While she waited Freya patted down her hair and smoothed out her shirt to make her self more presentable, a few of her curls had begun to frizz at the edges.

"Come in," He said.

Entering his office Freya found Mr. Heyes seated in his high-backed, leather chair. 

It was spun so the front faced the window. 

Although his face was obscured from her view, the foul smoke circulating around the room told her he was smoking again.

That worried her as he rarely smoked unless there was a problem, It helps me think.

"I have the files for the Persephone project you wanted," Freya uttered, seting the stack of matching beige manila folders on his bare desk.

"I'll look through them later." Was all he said in response.

"Don't forget the meeting has been scheduled for one." Freya reminded.

"I'll be finished by then," Spinning around, Freya finally saw him. Saw his forest green eyes, unwrinkled and unblemished chiselled face.

With his chestnut bangs over his eyes, he looked unbelievably younger.

"In the meantime, I would appreciate if you could organize the filing cabinet outside. I'm going to need the extra space for more folders if I am going to continue with his deal." He said, lifting the file Freya gave him off his desk to view.

"Of course," Freya answered relieved to leave his office. 

Outside, she coughed the smoke out of her lungs, "If you don't kill me first." 

Popping open an age-old cabinet Freya started to alphabetize the drawers, discarding the folders she knew he wouldn't need.

Throwing away the last of the unnecessary files, Freya's phone chimed. Pulling it out of her purse a red banner from Blind notified her that Oscar had sent her a message.

Pressing her thumb on the home button Freya's phone opened, immediately loading Blind.

While waiting for the app to load, Freya closed the filing cabinet.

When the home screen came up she pressed for her messages instantly.

Hesitantly, she read what Oscar had sent.

★★★

Word Count: 1020

Exiled_Introvert 2017©

Edited