Eighteen

"Coincidences are problematic. Isn't that's why it contains the word coin?"-Blind®️ Founders, Roven & Dexter Ilit©️

Tired and fed up, all Freya wanted to do was to lie in bed for the rest of her life and sleep.

"What?" Freya asked. "What possibly more could you say that you haven't yet before?"

Lance's mouth stayed closed, his answer nothing.

The first time they met, he had already said everything she needed to hear.

Everything she wanted to hear.

How many more words did he have?

Shivering from the cold, Freya drew her arms in.

"Here," Lance offered about to take off his coat.

"Keep it," Freya grumbled as she crossed through the park with him in tow.

It was faster than going around.

"I know you, Freya. And I know you well enough to know that right know you think that like Jon Snow I know nothing. But you're wrong."

Freya stopped.

"Even though you have always thought of me as an idiot when it came to love, I do know something. I know that I once broke your heart and now seeing your eyes, I know I have done it again. And unlike the last time, I am going to do something about it instead of pushing it aside as if it's nothing."

"And what are you going to do, Lance or would you prefer Oscar?"

He puts his hands out in front of him. "Hear me out. Out of all the time we get once we're born into this world to find love, you and I chose last week to dive into the sea of fish. And as stupid as this metaphor is, what I am saying is we still chose each other even after our past and even without knowing."

"It was a coincident." Freya blurted, not wanting to hear him or his words.

She wasn't ready to believe in Lance.

But most importantly, she wasn't ready to believe that there were such things as true love in the world.

"You and your cliché movies know that there is no such thing as a coincidence, events such as now were meant to happen." Mid-step Lance took hold of Freya's shoulders and turned her around. His gaze fell on her eyes and she shuttered as he spoke. "I love you, Freya. I have always loved you. And I regret the all the days were I made you suffer and fear because I was too afraid to say that I loved you back because there's no one I would rather spend my life with."

Lance pulled her into a kiss.

Instead of pulling away, Freya leaned in.

"I love you, too."

★★★

★★★

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

★★★

Word Count: 460!

Exiled_Introvert 2017©️

★★★

Edited