Three

Freya couldn't put a name to the feelings she felt that moment. 

She had only talked to Oscar once, last night before she slept but now the next day she felt different, flustered even.

Oscar had kept his word; he had contacted her again.

Freya hadn't expected he would, she thought she would be forgotten by this man by another user.

To caught up in her emotions Freya's reckless side popped out and she typed what she didn't dare to type last time. 

The one word that might change her life, hopefully for the better.

She didn't want to go through with another heartbreak.

But all love is foolish.

Isn't it?

Thinking about a future together when your life hasn't even started and your path hasn't been chosen.

That was what made Freya fear boys in high school, not because they're scary but just the thought of making promises that will likely never happen.

Her phone buzzed again signaling another message. Freya didn't want to look at it. She had an outline of what it might say, great, amazing, can't wait; that was probably what Oscar had sent.

Going back over to the filing cabinet Freya double checked the folders to make sure every single one of the was alphabetized in the right order.

At Heyes Enterprises, there was no room for mistakes, if you made even one you would certainly be escorted out the doors, with nothing but a four-digit check in hand. Thinking about it gave Freya the shivers which motivated her to always do her best.

Both Bryn and her needed the money, and Bryn's part-time shifts at the cafe weren't going to pay the rent, water, and power bills, let alone the grocery bills no matter how much they budgeted and skimmed on unnecessary items.

Mr. Heyes called her name and she was at his door in an instant, a pad of paper and pen in her hands for note-taking.

"Freya," He said not looking up from his phone, making important business calls she presumed.

There was never a moment he was off his phone save when he smoked his cigarettes and had to attend a business meeting although every now and then he liked to rebel and take a look at it underneath the table.

That meant she would have to listen and takes notes for him.

More often than not, Freya wanted to buck him in the head when he did that.

Then, at least she would leave with something other than her pride or lack of.

"I need you to make a reservation at Glassroots for me."

"Occasion?"

"None of your business."

None of your business? Freya fumed.

How on earth was she supposed to make a reservation and assure everything was perfect and up to his standards without knowing the reason?

"Just make it," Heyes said looking at Freya's horribly concealed anger. "Six thirty, table for two."

Composing herself, Freya took a few deep breaths, repeating what Bryn had shown her when she came back from her every first yoga lesson which she had dropped a few months after when her free trial expired.

Maybe some yoga classes will do me some good, Freya thought.

Logging into the newly purchased computer in front of her, Freya tapped her pen rhythmically on her notepad. 

After a few moments, the words yoga and class were scribbled on the white surface in dark indigo ink.

When the screen chimed Freya looked up and clicked on Chrome with her wireless mouse.

Finding the restaurant's phone number online she keyed the number into her phone and dialled it.

"Glassroots." The person, male Freya identified from the deepness of his voice said.

"I would like to make a reservation for two." Freya requested.

She hated talking behind her boss's back, especially since he had such a large influence in the business community but he was an arse.

Was he just that lazy?

"What time." The person on the line asked. Freya didn't know what to say to him, Mr.Heyes never told her a date, did he mean for it to be today?

She assumed it was today. Heyes was always making Freya do last minute reservations, flights, meetings and important emails.

"Six thirty, this evening."

"Name?"

"Lance." She said into her cell.

"We'll be expecting you."

***

Freya was relieved to finally be back home in her apartment. No matter how small it was, it was still home.

The rest of her day had been mellow, following out Mr.Heyes's requests and demands.

With all the free time she had on her hands right now, Freya convinced herself to finally open up the app she was avoiding all day.

Blind.

★★★

Word Count: 780!

Exiled_Introvert 2017©️

Edited